Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals not working same with Hazard

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Turn signals not working same with Hazard

Hey Guys,

Today in the morning I noticed that my turn signals were not working on my 99 2.8 Q (tiptronic). From the inside instrument panel i do not see the left or right turn signal flashing (the green arrows), I also tried turning on the Hazards, however, they dont work either. They were working fine last night.

When I press the remote from outside the car, I see the the turnsignals flashing and hear the horn, but when i press the hazards or flip the turn signal switch from inside the car nothing happens from the outside. I did a search on the forum and noticed that it could be the turn signal relay switch located behind the hazard button in the dash.

I was wondering:

1. Could it also be the fuse cause I havent checked that out cause I dont knwo where it is located, so I would appreciate someone telling me how to check for that.

2. IF it is the turn signal relay, how hard is it to replace and do i have to get the part from AUDI or does any auto store sell it, if I do have to get it from AUDI, anyone know the part number and price?

Thanks gusy, I really need the help.....CRAP i hate when this stuff happens...

Old 03-22-2005, 01:36 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Turn signals not working same with Hazard

The hazard relay/turn signal relay is a combination unit located inside the hazard button. You can only buy them from the dealer or online parts dealers. It's not hard to install, I did mine when it was sticking. If you need a part number you'll have to wait until I get off work tonight.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

So you guys think it is that. Cause I have to go to the dealer to get the part, cause I cant drive the car without signals working. And since the long weekend is comming up, I cant wait till next tuesday to get it done. IF it is that I have to go the dealer today. Anybody know how long it might take them, like how long is the labour (2hrs? 3? ) or more. I dont have the proper tools to remove the front dash to get behind the Hazard button. So even if I get the part, I would have to go to a mechanic to get it changed. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 02:03 PM
6th Gear

It should require about a half hour of labor, although i'm sure they will jack it up to a full hour.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext10.shtml

that tech writeup tells how to remove it.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

dropped it off now. Hopefully they call me to say that it would be done today. Hopefully its nothing else, I am pretty sure, by reading the forums, that it is the Hazard relay/Turn signal relay, however the guy at AUDI told me that they want to make sure it nothing else (basically adding another hour for diagnosis). Anyway...if anyone got a link for me to see how much the part would cost, in CANADIAN dollars please.
Thanks