Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vtec?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:53 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: vtec?

Sorry, I'm not up to date on what it takes to get a honda into low 12, you have a mod list.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear

There are people that have been chipped for +50k miles and still no problems. A normal chip for the 1.8t will run ~1.1bar or ~16 psi. The only thing to worry about is blowing the turbo. All the people that are chipped on here are making well over 6psi. I have been chipped for 10k miles now on the stock turbo.

Dude, there are no good looking civics out there, for the most part any of the hondas.

We always made fun of my friend's car...... Del Slow

Old 03-13-2005, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

Before i got my a4, i had a 93 civic coupe with everything swapped from a intergra gsr. I had the full interior, b18c motor, suspension, pretty much everything was off an integra. Sadly that car was much faster than what i have now. The reason for that is the weight of the car. That thing had only around 20hp less than my a4 BUT it weight almost 1000lbs lighter. I still wish i had kept the civic to just have fun with it here and there, but the a4 is still nice.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

2.8audia4 you are an idiot.........
thats all i have to say. How come i havent had a problem beating GSR's and a couple hatchbacks with GSR swaps? Buddy you must really suck at driving if you buy a SOHC Civic your gonna have trouble beating Geo Metros. And then your gonna go to the Honda Forums and say your selling your big bad civic for a geo metro because it spanked you at the track your must be a fool man. Leave this forum and go to the Honda Forums. And sell your audi ASAP..................

Old 03-13-2005, 04:22 AM
Administrator

You know what my Audi (2.8) got beat by a 77 Volkswagen Beetle.. Stock, with only one spark plug and three flat tires.. but gee i think im going to sell my audi and buy a go kart... LMAO dude if your car got beat by a honda.. your a F##KING IDIOT. Any car is capable of getting into the 12's and lower. But if you want to do it the right way use an Audi.. well in fact i have a feeling that i could give you a 12 second car and you would make it pull high 20's because your stupid!!! Sell it and get a Honda. So I can laugh at you as i see you in my mirrors

Old 03-13-2005, 04:58 AM
1st Gear

i never said the a4's were not good cars or dont look nice i have one. but for what our cost you would think that they would be a little more quicker from stock. as for the people that say they beat civics with b18 swaps that is a lie i would love to see video of that ****. i know this for a fact cause im in the second largest street racing city in america Atlanta. now yes i have beatn a GSR integra b4 but that is from a roll on the highway and top speed wise there is no doubt that i will catch the civic but for 1/4 mile or street racing there is no way. as for the mod list that one guy wanted for the del sol here it is. and btw for the guy talking about launching at 3800rpm i was doing it at 3200rpm to get all 184 **** poor tq going. This if for people that street or drag race not autoX or people that like to look clean when they ride.

For 1/4 mile or street race
93 Del Sol SI (D16Z6) aka the engine

Piston, rods, and rings compression 9:1:0
new cams
new turbo stage 2 cam shafts
Block Guard
Pullies
upraded fuel system
new intake manafold
new Throtlle body
Stage 3 clutch and fly wheel
LSD
Drag 3 turbo kit (15psi) well capable of 23 psi
2" down pipe
3" exhaust
Completely turbo valve train
full inigition system
and Hondata to run it all

This is fast than a Super Charged Audi A4 2.8 or a 1.8t chipped or stage 3 ARP Kit
Also this is a lot cheaper

running low 12's in the 1/4 mile...priceless[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Vtec is nice and all but it gives no torque, u have like V6 HP from a inline 4 but u dont have the torque

Old 03-13-2005, 10:09 AM
4th Gear

He gets power at high RPM.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Hey 2.8audia4 do u have a quattro or a FWD. Let me get something str8 with you on a Honda Motor a guy wit an H22a around here fully built turbo motor only ran 11 psi because thats the most you can on those motors. Dont get me wrong unlike the other guys here im not saying Hondas are ugly and they suck, cause there not ugly and they dont suck. But i do agree with everyone saying your an idiot cause you are. Like i said b4 if you got a Honda Civic and fully built the motor you wouldnt know what to do with it. YOU dont know how to drive. How come i beat Hatchbacks with LS/VTECS swaps. WHICH is better than any GSR motor and any Type R motor because the LS block has more torque. Im not gonna come here and lie about it but i have and i have video footage of it. I beat an RX8 as well, I beat a 2004 Maxima, and an Eclipse Turbo with my 2.8 quattro all with just the spare wheel taken out and ebay intake with a stage 2 kevlar clutch. Come on man pretty soon your gonna come here and say you got beat a Geo Metro wit an intake and a fart canister. GET A LIFE bro you suck at driving. Ill whoop your *** ANYDAY of the week with my 4 door Civic with a D16 non Vtec Automatic...................

Old 03-13-2005, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

This thread =

[sm=icon_blah.gif] [sm=icon_blah.gif] [sm=icon_blah.gif]

[sm=sigh.gif]
I second that!

Quick Reply: vtec?