Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What makes the A4 a Luxury car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: What makes the A4 a Luxury car?

I wanna see some pics of this '05 A4 with out leather or a sunroof. I have never seen one(especially that new) without leather or pleather

Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

I feel my A4 is semi luxury because of the leatherette, quattro, auto windows and locks, heated seats, bose sound system, and the good sturdy, smooth ride it provides. I drove a friends subaru outback sport the other day due to being his dd, and there is no comparison between his car and mine. The a4 just feels thick, maneuverable, and comfortable.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

Here is a pic of it three weeks ago at the dealer. I have done a clear corner mod and drop in K&N plus my Audi/video! I will get more pics as it comes along. I wishI had a pic of the inside but it is on my laptop and I broke that last week :-(

aikibil: "and, some of us love our tips."

I bought the TIP, then after the factI found out it can not handle as much power as I hoped for. Never said the TIP was crappy. Itis oneof the things I like most about the car stock as you will seeI posted how seamless the car is. Its a great tranny as far as I'm concerned. Did it fit in my plans? No butI will make due!I was hoping for about 300bhp.

Just FYII did not try to compare it to other cars. The thread justwent that way. It would however fit in the same class as the Acura TSX or the Volvo S40 both Fwd.

Name:  A405.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  52.4 KB

Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
3rd Gear

your going to need good amount of work and money to achieve 300bhp.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiVirgin

Here is a pic of it three weeks ago at the dealer. I have done a clear corner mod and drop in K&N plus my Audi/video! I will get more pics as it comes along. I wishI had a pic of the inside but it is on my laptop and I broke that last week :-(

aikibil: "and, some of us love our tips."

I bought the TIP, then after the factI found out it can not handle as much power as I hoped for. Never said the TIP was crappy. Itis oneof the things I like most about the car stock as you will seeI posted how seamless the car is. Its a great tranny as far as I'm concerned. Did it fit in my plans? No butI will make due!I was hoping for about 300bhp.

Just FYII did not try to compare it to other cars. The thread justwent that way. It would however fit in the same class as the Acura TSX or the Volvo S40 both Fwd.

do you have any pics of your interior?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I was planning on going with a bigger turbo but from whatI thinkI am reading it can only handle 300 at the crank with the tip? I may be wrong.

I will get interior pics tomorrow. I thinkI might have one on my work computer. I know for a fact they are on my laptop that is trashed.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
3rd Gear

I don't think the stock Tip is going to last with 300bhp running through it. I thought I read somewhere that it isin't a good idea to go past about 240hp give or take. Makes sense to me due to the Tip trans was meant to move a 170hp engine. I believe the manual trannys can handle a little more power.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

to add an experience/ story to this mix would be that in my Audi's down time i have to drive a 94 acura integra and....hate every moment of it! The general feel ofan acurahardly precedes that of a radio flyer. the handling very basic and strict, it over steers on the dime, the seats do not fit comfortably, the car itself has a very loud cabin, when i close the doors it makes a annoying noise ( and nothings broken) its just not very solid. hmmm what else!... oh the ever pleasant wineeeeeeeeeee of the engine, never heard a 4 sound so gross. (which is fixed on their newer acuras). and well, people don't think of you with class. thats about all i could think of.
but those are justa few strong points i can pick out.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 AM
1st Gear

I was hoping for about 300bhp
its my understanding that 300bhp is the tip's max. again, i'm going back to talks w/suncoast audi, but they consistently told me up to 300. that was one of the selling points. chip it, replace the turbo, injectors, but the tranny was good for it. all kinda people around town running @300hp. thats what they said.
just had a horrible thought tho, think my old turbo rx7 tranny was rated for 300hp. might be getting them confused. not good, don't like that 240#.