Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, great idea!!!!!!
40.00%
No, Dont doooooo it!!!
60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Who Thinks this place needs a VAG-COM Section?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Who Thinks this place needs a VAG-COM Section?

Hello All,
Well just to throw an idea out there instead of searching absoulutly every time through the whole forum for a simple code who agrees with me that Audi Forums should get a VAG-COM Related Section!!!!
Hopefully this gets some attention and they make it happen!

Thanks Guys!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Who Thinks this place needs a VAG-COM Section?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=510

Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I know of that one but, I am saying for audi forums in general, there are a lot of techs out there and some now some stuff others know other stuff. this is why I think it might be a good idea you can log into a few sites and get different opinions!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Site Moderator

What exactly are you looking to have?

Simply adding a VAG-COM section like other forums won't solve anything. It will just add another area where people will ask and discuss the same things that have been asked and debated a thousand times over.

Ross-Tech supplies a ton of info on the VAG-COM all over their site. It's a bit of a pain to navigate, but the information is there.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html

Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

Basically anything related to vag-com instead of seing new posts all the time! It be a bit more organized dont you think and I know ross tech has it thats not the point. Ross-tech also says that they dont garantee any of their stuff i found forms where they correct ross-techs screw ups. So how bout just giving me a little break and agreeing or disagreeing? I thought it might be a great idea because every day there is a post about vag-com and you get results from experiance and some of us are still rookies and how many re posts have you guys seen? thisway one topic is out of the way in its own section and you can do a search there! A lot easier than what it is now!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Site Moderator

I'm still not following.

I understand that you want a VAG-COM section. But what exactly do you want to be in it?

Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

Absolutly anything vag-com related! Programing, fault codes, general help with vag-com, where people know what they are doing, andactually give some help and not guess at the problems, just a general vag-com section. I would think the title is pretty self explanitory, andpretty much says it all!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM

interesting but not viable and could only survive as a sticky section like the how 2s which is useless because no one does anything in there so only moderator controlled and puts a load on the mods which they dont need when its a tech special area ( im not a mod so cant add to it ) but I can answer questions related to it but Ross tech do a good job on that

Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Site Moderator

That would be more of a tech article. Even if it were posted in a sticky or somewhere else, it would still be open to the public. Anyone could still add incorrect/misleading information. I would be nice to have an all emcompassing guide, but it would take an incredible amount of effort to create. Personally, I don't have anywhere near the time needed to do it right. Ross-Tech is also well known for their customer support.

For How-To's, please pm an admin or moderator whatever you want added to the "How To" section. We don't seem to get very many.