Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the CEL is on again after I fixed it last month?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Why the CEL is on again after I fixed it last month?

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum, and I really need help withmy 2003 A4. I have this car since last year, and it came with many problems: anyway I had the engine light on last month so I brought to an european car shop to check, then they replaced air mass sensor and coolant temp sensor. Also, they test drove the car and had the problem with instrument cluster, also replaced it. (But, I don't have problem that couldn't start the car, just happend couples times it turn off right after I start.)WHY, just after 1 month the CEL on again? Please help, I really don't want to spend more money on this car again.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Default RE: Why the CEL is on again after I fixed it last month?

did they tell you what the codes they found? it seems they are playing a guessing game because they dont know how to read the codes so when they get a code and it says MAF sensor they become tunnal visioned and just replace part after part and you end up with a big bill when all it might be is a vacuum leak

Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
4th Gear

Buy a code reader and post the codes.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&category0=

Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the quick response, I didn't remember he told me any codes. Even he did, I don't know any of that. Should I still bring back to them, or find somewhere else? Actually, I don't really believe on them now, but I just think of they fixed it just last month.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 PM

Its possible something else went wrong, but def buy a code reader. Its worth the money!

Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

really don't want to spend more money and timeon this car, even with the extended warranty, only cover 40% of last repair. hopefully can find some trustworthy mechanic get rid of the engine light and sell this car. Now, thinking of change to 2008 TT. Or should I just change to Honda or Toyota since I am a woman and know nothing about car especially go to repair.....

Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

how much is going to buy the code reader, even i buy, i still don't know fix the car by myself....

Old 08-10-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: hcteh11

how much is going to buy the code reader, even i buy, i still don't know fix the car by myself....
I think my cable was about $20 on ebay. It won't do you much good if you can't fix the car yourself though. Sometimes, owning an Audi is a bad idea unless you can DIY or just have lots of money to blow on repairs.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:11 PM
4th Gear

Well, you have two problems

1. I have this car since last year, and it came with many problems

2. really don't want to spend more money and timeon this car

You should have been real careful bying an audi, making sure you had good service records, and probably should have bought one from an audi dealer with an audi extended warranty, at least all the repairs would have been covered.

Now, thinking of change to 2008 TT. Or should I just change to Honda or Toyota since I am a woman and know nothing about car especially go to repair.....

Id say buy a 2008TT andit will havea warranty, and you'll be fine. Maybe a lease is better for you, you can turn it in at the end and get a new one still under warranty.

You sound like you are a driver, since your considering a TT. You probably wont be happy with a honda/toyota if that is the case. if Im wrong, then that would be a better deal for you.

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2007, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice, yeah I know it was a mistake and didn't think thoughfully when I chose this car.
Driving an Audi is fun and different compare with Japanese car, but sometimes I am just confuse, is it my bad luck with this A4 or Audi is just too expensive to own.

Really thinking the 2008 TT, but need to sell this A4 first (without the engine light on!!!)

But, also will test drive the BMW 328i coupe!