Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Bang & Olufsen Audio Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down B&O Audio: Is there an end to this?

OK I finally got my defective amp changed. The Repair Manager said it was ready and playing. I pay for the inspection and repair of a leaking tire. Everything else was covered in the Audi Care package. So I jump in the car and drive 1/2 mile. By this point I realize the system was NOT working properly. I make a U-turn and go back. And complained about how 'It's STILL not working'. It made sound, but through one speaker on the left side (probably the subwoofer under the driver's seat).

So they take it back and reprogram it for the vehicle. Voila it worked! But while test listening to it (something they don't seem to do), a crackle was noted in the front right midrange speaker, in the dash. So now I'm waiting for a replacement speaker, which is on order.

This may never end. Today while driving to the tax accountant, I hear a similar crackle in the left midrange speaker, but it was intermittent. I called Audi to let them know.

Let me say to you Audi enthusiasts( I have had 3, and the original A8 is still in operation 14 years later), I drove a loaner Q5 2.0 turbo with an Audi sound system installed. While it did NOT have the DSP settings as on the B&O system, it sounded just as good. I would have opted for the lesser cost system had I known... Where is Bose now?

The DRAMA continues...Manana

Last edited by qblue; 06-09-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

The B&O sound is back after Audi replacing the Amplifier and the front left midrange speaker.

All is good, now. No other problems.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Certified

Audi service department didn't design your Audi or the sound system. So its not their fault your sound went out. There is no need to complain "bitterly" about your concerns. If you have a poor attitude don't be surprised if you get poor service.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi Tek
Audi service department didn't design your Audi or the sound system. So its not their fault your sound went out. There is no need to complain "bitterly" about your concerns. If you have a poor attitude don't be surprised if you get poor service.
Sounds like you are the only one that is "bitter". I can only have concern when someone tells me they checked everything, and I drive out of the repair department and then have to return, because they didn't even listen for any malfunction. I don't blame anyone for these B&O problems except for B&O who sold Audi a bill of bad goods. I now have a similar problem in the left sided speaker, with crackling in the midrange speaker.

My old 1997 Audi A8 has the Bose system of speakers, and it still works.

Last edited by qblue; 06-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

i think there might be but i have to say that it is the best and i never known things better than them yet

Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

AS per me this sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 AM
1st Gear
Default This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

AS per me The 2011 Audi A5 coupe delivers sleek, European-influenced styling with a ... Available in three exclusive trim levels, the Audi A5 offers a wide array of ... and exceptional options to provide solid performance and acceleration. ... the 2011 Honda CR-V is stylish and surprisingly roomy inside.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Any recurrence of the speaker noises?

All - I am new to this forum and today had the same speaker issue as Gurnade experienced . . . it has since dissapeared. My question is, for those that had this very loud feedback noise from the rear drivers side speaker, has it returned again at a later point? I seem to see a trend where the owner hears it once and it doesn't come back . . .

It was such a loud noise, I would think Audi would have a TSB out for this concern given that it could severly interfere with ones driving of hearing depending on passenger location.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-22-2012, 02:33 PM

just picked up a '12 A5 Cab with S-line package which included the B&O system. in the past 3 days i've had 2 different MMI/audio issues:

1 - last saturday radio was working fine. i stopped to run an errand for 5 minutes, when i returned to the car and turned on the radio it only produced screeching feedback similar to what others have described. it did this for both the iPhone audio source and radio feeds. i had to mute radio entirely and drive in silence. after parking car for 4 hours and returning the issue mysteriously resolved.

2 - this morning i connected my iPhone and the MMI wouldn't catalog any of the songs. ok, i'll listen to the radio... no audio whatsoever from any source through the system.

with ~250 miles on the car I clearly more than a little annoyed..

will the dealer replace the amp no questions asked or am I in for a battle on this?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
1st Gear
Default same issue

How did you fix this issue? My dealership is clueless.

Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen Audio Issues?