Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Bang & Olufsen Audio Issues?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A5QuartzGrey
My question is, for those that had this very loud feedback noise from the rear drivers side speaker, has it returned again at a later point?
It has been over 2 years since I first experienced this problem and, thankfully, I have not experienced it since.

Originally Posted by Brid Gette
How did you fix this issue? My dealership is clueless.
My issue was not actually resolved. However, the problem never returned. Based on the description of the problem, my dealership expected it to be linked to the amplifier. They told me that if it happened again they could replace the amplifier for me.

The serviceman at my dealership mentioned that he has personally seen this in a variety of vehicles and sound system brands and that his best guess at the cause was moisture in the amplifier.

Originally Posted by qblue
I don't blame anyone for these B&O problems except for B&O who sold Audi a bill of bad goods.
I obviously don't think that Audi is to blame for this issue, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump all over B&O. B&O makes extremely high quality products. Sound systems have to deal with harsh elements provided by a vehicle (temperature, moisture, stability, etc). These elements can negatively impact their operation. It's very possible that these issues are linked to the conditions of their environment somehow. Also, if it were a product issue, it would tend to appear much more frequently...and this seems to be a pretty rare issue.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:39 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy no bass in rear?

my 2011 a4 with b/o sounded amazing when i purchased it but recently i have noticed rear sub was working but no bass coming from rear of car. I took to dealer they said no codes, appears to be functioning correctly, I disagree! anyone else had similar problem? fixes? miss my old sound!!!

Old 05-29-2015, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Battery or power managment

Maybe you already found this... I had the same problem with my A6 for months. Finally, battery tested bad. They replaced it NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

when sound is not coming outta of speakers at all? Everything else is fine as it seems to be playing just no sound

Old 04-12-2017, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Mine just stopped making sounds. It was the amp. I asked my mechanic what caused it to die in case it happening again was preventable. He just made a face and said Audi has had issues with this amplifier.