Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06-A6/C6 gas fumes from air vent

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Default 06-A6/C6 gas fumes from air vent

hey gang,
this is my first thread and i know there is a sticky on gas fumes and odors. my problem is i just recently got an oil change about 2 weeks ago and i started to get this gas smell coming from the vents. this might even sound crazy but i think it's on the very left air vent near the steering wheel because i can smell gas on my fingers. i bought this 2006 A6 about 4 months ago and i love driving it. the warranty just expired about 4k miles ago. kinda annoyed about that.... but what can ya do.

at first i was thinking maybe it was oil run off from the oil change that got on the manifold and was burning but that was like 2 weeks ago. it's not a strong smell but it's definitely there. i'm thinking maybe if i change out my cabin air filter that might fix the problem or maybe change my fuel filter?

....i called audi in Plano TX and i asked them if they heard of anything like this and they said yes but not too often. they also said that it would cost $128 just for them to inspect the problem and run a diagnostics on it. just ggreeeaaatttt....

i'm annoyed because it's not an old car but it's having this issue. just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem on a C6? thanks for the help.