Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 A6 2.7T problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Default 2000 A6 2.7T problems

Hello all,
I'm a new owner of a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro and I've got to say I LOVE THIS CAR.....
I'll get some pics this week and post them for you guys. I've got a couple of questions
about the car and any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I've searched the
forums and was unable to find answers to the following questions.

1) Has anyone had problems with loose seats? I know this sounds like a pretty simple problem
to fix and I've tried, but figuring out exactly where the little bit of slack that's causing the small
shifting of the seat is a bit harder than it sounds.

2) Does anyone know of a place to purchase the grill inserts for around the foglights that would be
cheaper that the dealer? (I was quoted $75.00 a piece)

3) I just put new tires on the car and I noticed that the old ones that came off of the front of the car
were worn on the outer sides of the tire. After having the tires put on I went and had the car aligned.
Are there any know issues of my model car wearing out the front outer sides of the tires? If so,
is there any way of fixing it.

Thanks for the help...

Frank Martin: What's the first rule when entering a mans car?
Jack Billings: Respect a mans car, a man respects you.
Frank Martin: Rule number two?
Jack Billings: Greet the man. Good afternoon Frank!
Frank Martin: Good afternoon Jack.
Jack Billings: Can we play the game now?
Frank Martin: I would think your brain would be too tired after a whole day of school.
Jack Billings: You're just afraid I'm gonna win.
Frank Martin: I'm afraid you're gonna be too worn out to do your homework.
Jack Billings: It's Friday, I don't *have* any homework.
Frank Martin: In that case: The game. But first, what's the third rule of the car?
Frank Martin: [Jack buckles his seatbelt] Good.

The car alone was enough to see the movie.....

Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2000 A6 2.7T problems

No idea about the first 2 issues, but the 3rd could be worn control arms. The lower have a recall on them, you might wanna have the dealer run the serial number and see if yours have been done.

On mine, the upper control arms were shot and that was causing them to start to wear the tires on the outside. Control arms are a weaker point on these cars. They aren't too hard to replace if you know what you are doing. The Audi dealers wants about $186CND apiece for them. I bought them on Drivewire.com for about $86USD. Took me about 30-60 mins per side for both upper. After done, I will have it aligned.

Its possible yours was just out of alignment. Best to always align a car after u put new tires on, cheap way to save tires. The person who did the alignment ahould have checked the control arms before they did the alignment, as you can't really align the car if they are bad. Question is do you trust that he did?

Try http://www.lltek.com/a6.htm for after market parts. Never used them, but they have some kewl stuff. Otherwise, try a wrecking yard for parts.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: wgpike

Hello all,
I'm a new owner of a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro and I've got to say I LOVE THIS CAR.....
I'll get some pics this week and post them for you guys.
hey, me too! Just got it today, same model. Sorry to hijack the thread. Good questions. I'll keep a watch on this.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

as far as the fog light trim goes, i ordered some cheap hong kong chrome knock-offs from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...temZ8002296119 - for $20 shipped (about a week for shipping) they fit decently, and look great. they are flimsy chrome plated plastic, (certainly not up to factory standards) but the important part to me was that i wasn't spending big bucks for an accessory that could be stolen with no tools in .0045 seconds. if you are thinking about them i could post some pics. hope it helps!

-2000 A6 2.7t

p.s. i've been chasing the squeaky seat myself, please post if you find it first.............