Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!2001 2.8 Upgrades/Mods (I Need Your Opinions!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
1st Gear
Default !!2001 2.8 Upgrades/Mods (I Need Your Opinions!!!)

So I am currently in the process of taking the stockness out of my Cashmere Grey A6 i got at a auction for $3300...don't ask my uncle has a dealers license. When I had my A4 before the engine took a dump I did minor mods, wheels lights, but the car was the sport edition so it really didn't need much. This A6 is as stock as stock gets so I was willing to do a little more.

Anyways this is what is going in. The following has been ordered and will pretty much go in all at the same time

HID Angel Eye Heads (Don't really like the devil eyes or angel too much, but current heads are frosted and headlight restore kit can only do so much)
HID Fog Light conversion Kit (Still debating whether or not I should of got this)
Infiniti Basslink T Sub (Had this in the A4 worked like a charm, and good fitment)
Dension Ipod Ice Link for Stock Stereo (Non Bose)
18x8 et35 Silver R8 Reps on 225/40/18 Nexen N3000 purchased from OEWheels
New Floor Mats (Those where missing in action)
Eibach Pro Kit Springs ( Brand new off ebay 130 shipped)
S-Line Badges (Figured once all these upgrades go in I will be close to a S-Line package)
35% Tint All around (Get rid of the fish bowl look)
Complete Car detail (One word..swirls)

So now I have a dilemma after going through and reading post after post regarding lowering my car with springs on stock suspension, I have decided that I just have to pony out the extra cash and do the suspension at the same time. Which probably is the best option since this may be the only time my wife lets me spend that much cash all at once on my car

Option 1 - Now since I have Eibach Springs, naturally I looked at the Eibach Pro-Damper Set which tire rack sells with shipping for under 560.00, it got good reviews so I figured why not.

Option 2 - However I have read of people going with Koni FSD's Damper kit also, which also got good reviews by the way, but cost 100.00 more.

Option 3 - Finally there is the Bilstein Sport Shock, which well is 113.00 a piece. Which I have heard people are running also.

So I need some opinions on what suspension setup works better. And what is the difference between damper kits and sport shocks? I'm not trying to go ultra low, just need a clean, sporty, comfortable look/drive. This is a daily driver so not trying to do anything crazy low. Just cleanup the wheel wells so to speak. Thanks in advance

Once all is done I will post some before and after pics.

HeCareth

Last edited by Hecareth; 10-27-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM

All of those kits are made to work with lowering springs. You will be happy with the ride regargles of the kit you choose to go with. I drove A6 with all of those suspencions and they are a great upgrade from the stock. So i sugest to pick on you budget. Also make sure your control arms are in good condition.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
3rd Gear

In order of stiffness..

1. Bilstein
2. Eibach
3. Koni FSD

All depends on how stiff you want your car to be.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

Hmmm I will probably go with the Eibach Springs and Eibach kit just to stay uniform.

Just put the new fogs in yesterday...looks great.

Now I was just wondering do the A6's have feature of foglights on with headlights off by default? I noticed I was able to just have my parking lamps on with the foglights, and I didn't do any rewire to it.