Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 A6 windows, doors, interior lights and sunroof not working?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 A6 windows, doors, interior lights and sunroof not working?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a problem with my 2001 A6. I had water come in due to clogged drain hole under the battery. ( bad design) anyway the entire floor was soaked and the comfort module was corroded. Took it to my 30 year retired Audi Mech. he said it was most likely the comfort module. He said it would be $850 to replace with a used one. I paid him $200 for diag. and went home and orderd one from ebay. it looked good so i spent 4 hours splicing 60 plus wires only to find 2 extra wires. when i contacted ebay seller he said it was from a Allroad (great ) so he sends me another , i spend another 4 hours replacing only to find it still does not fix problem of no interior light, no locking from key fob, no sun roof, and most important no window power. So i give up and bring back to Mech and say fix it. He looks at it again says my work looks good but he still can not find problem.. says it may be computer controlers on windows? but why doesnt other things work? he charges me anothe $180 for his time and i leave pissed. I am at wits end and am open to any suggestions... i see above they recomend the fuses replacement but i looked at them and they dont look blown? is there a way they can be bad and not look blown? any help appreciated.