Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows, Interior Lights, Sunroof, Lock Switch don't work

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Windows, Interior Lights, Sunroof, Lock Switch don't work

I changed the seats on my 2002 Audi A6 3.0 CVT ever since the change the sunroof, windows, interior door lock switch, interior lights don't work at all. I tried switching Comfort Control Module and it was to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this thing?

Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

May be to simple...but have you checked the fuses for these accessories?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

Check your fusebox located on the end of the dash on the drivers side, its a 20 or 30 amp fuse lables central locking system. That fuse controls everything. I promise u thats your problem

Old 02-05-2014, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem with my 2001 A6. I had water come in due to clogged drain hole under the battery. ( bad design) anyway the entire floor was soaked and the comfort module was corroded. Took it to my 30 year retired Audi Mech. he said it was most likely the comfort module. He said it would be $850 to replace with a used one. I paid him $200 for diag. and went home and orderd one from ebay. it looked good so i spent 4 hours splicing 60 plus wires only to find 2 extra wires. when i contacted ebay seller he said it was from a Allroad (great ) so he sends me another , i spend another 4 hours replacing only to find it still does not fix problem of no interior light, no locking from key fob, no sun roof, and most important no window power. So i give up and bring back to Mech and say fix it. He looks at it again says my work looks good but he still can not find problem.. says it may be computer controlers on windows? but why doesnt other things work? he charges me anothe $180 for his time and i leave pissed. I am at wits end and am open to any suggestions... i see above they recomend the fuses replacement but i looked at them and they dont look blown? is there a way they can be bad and not look blown? any help appreciated.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

I am having this exact same issue if you figure it out it would be much appreciated if you pass it on

Old 03-24-2020, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

Hi everybody! I'm new to this discussion which i'm exceptionally satisfied to have found. I have a 1997 Rav4 and it has a few issues. I am not excellent with vehicle work but rather can adapt effectively whenever given clear directions! My issue right currently is that I have a vault light that won't work. It has another bulb yet won't turn on. It is a similar board that has the controls for the sunroof which accomplishes work. any thoughts? much obliged ahead of time! Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

Last edited by hamela; 03-24-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hamela
Hi everybody! I'm new to this discussion which i'm exceptionally satisfied to have found. I have a 1997 Rav4 and it has a few issues. I am not excellent with vehicle work but rather can adapt effectively whenever given clear directions! My issue right currently is that I have a vault light that won't work. It has another bulb yet won't turn on. It is a similar board that has the controls for the sunroof which accomplishes work. any thoughts? much obliged ahead of time! Kodi Lucky Patcher nox
welcome troll. go away now, assuming you haven't already OD'd. This is not a Toyota forum. Anyhow, to the guy that swapped the comfort control mod, you either bought a bad used one off ebay or need to completely replace the wiring harness as well. I would also go to an autozone and ask them about the fuses. It doesnt hurt to look at the inside of the door panel that you must remove to get to them and REPLACE all affiliated fuses. there's absolutely no way for us to be able to diagnose this entirely thru the internet. all else fails, find someone NOT retired to look at it or the dealership service center (gasp) or just sell the thing. With good pictures, sellers are bringing crazy high prices on bringatrailer.com aka BAT (i think it was called but you can google them). goodluck!

Last edited by audiz0nly; 08-09-2021 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo