Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 A6 Prestige review

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
1st Gear
Default 2012 A6 Prestige review

Howdy all,

I just spent a week with a 2012 A6 Prestige, courtesy of Audi's press fleet. I absolutely loved the car, and was impressed with the power & comfort. The fleet company put snow tires on it, and I was hoping for snow to evaluate the quattro system, but no luck. (the upside of global warming?) I'd like to hear feedback from A6 owners.

2012 Audi A6: A front-runner in the midsize luxury segment - Hartford Hartford Cars | Examiner.com

Will

Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear

I am jelly... Very jelly...

Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
3rd Gear

One more thing to mention... Since your opinion may have a bit more impact on the whole subject than us commoners, I would request that you make some fuss about Audi not bringing the Avant version on this side of the shore. Please...

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
One more thing to mention... Since your opinion may have a bit more impact on the whole subject than us commoners, I would request that you make some fuss about Audi not bringing the Avant version on this side of the shore. Please...
Sadly, being a working peasant like most forum members, my opinion means no more than anybody else's. I too would like to see the wagon come back to the U.S. lineup. Oh yeah, with the TDI option too.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Great on all fronts EXCEPT: Phone book (passed via bluetooth from iPhone) has issues:

- It fails to display the TYPE field like the 2008 A6 did. So lists of phone numbers for a contact are virtually useless. (They DO set the icon next to the number for *certain* types: home=little house, work=factory, mobile=cellphone, main= <blank>, all others seem to get what looks like an office desk phone. But this is of little help when the contact is, for example, CVS and the numbers are for different CVS locations

- each contact is limited to 5 numbers!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM
1st Gear
Default just picked mine up

i have only just had mine a week so hard to say much yet. Mine is oolong grey which I like better all the time. I expect I will get my share of tickets as the car is fun to drive and sneaky fast. The 8 speed is silky smooth and the quattro is great in the snow. Also have winter pirellis which help. Only complaint is the steering feels a bit like a video game not natural feel. Dont like the comfort setting but I am getting used to the dynamic setting. Interior is really well done and the drivers screens very useful. Had an acura before and found it a bit bland. The A6 is much more fun it likes to be pushed. Just need to keep an eye on the speedo cause it gets up there in a hurry

Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Steven Nelson
i have only just had mine a week so hard to say much yet. Mine is oolong grey which I like better all the time. I expect I will get my share of tickets as the car is fun to drive and sneaky fast. The 8 speed is silky smooth and the quattro is great in the snow. Also have winter pirellis which help. Only complaint is the steering feels a bit like a video game not natural feel. Dont like the comfort setting but I am getting used to the dynamic setting. Interior is really well done and the drivers screens very useful. Had an acura before and found it a bit bland. The A6 is much more fun it likes to be pushed. Just need to keep an eye on the speedo cause it gets up there in a hurry
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I only had the press car for a week so our experience is similar (for now) You're dead on about the car being sneaky fast. Who knew "only" 310hp could motivate such a heavy car like that? I didn't get a chance to run the car in snow, thanks to Mr Gore's Inconvenient Truth but on dry pavement it was an absolute blast to wring out. The steering did feel a bit overboosted but not in a 1980's Lincoln kind of way.