Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.0L has a rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 PM
1st Gear
Default 3.0L has a rough idle

So I am brand new to the Audi world, worked at a dealership in college but never worked on them. Just got an 03 A6 Quattro with the 3.0L in it, noticed that it has a bit of a rough idle (will drive fine). I pulled the codes and it gave me P0010, P0013 and every now and then it will throw the P00393 or 394 not exactly sure. But the 10,13 codes were Bank 1 and the 303 or 394 was Bank 2. I replaced the camshaft position sensor on the passengers side, the upper one, and it was still doing it. I then moved the one that was in the upper passenger one and moved it down, so the new one is still in the upper, old upper moved down to the lower. This did nothing. I then kept the MAF unplugged purely out of the hassle of it and the rough idle went away. It was now throwing the MAF code for obvious reasons and the same other codes but the roughness was gone. BUT then the ESP light came on, again smooth idle. I turned it off unplugged all the connectors on both sides and sprayed them with some cleaner then reconnected them after letting dry. This time it idled fine but the ESP light was still on and check engine was also on, MAF was also hooked up properly during these. So I turned it on and off multiple times and was idling fine, decided to reset the codes when the car was on and idling fine and it started idling rough again (car was never turned off it was as if resetting the codes made it idle rough). Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Connectors, maybe another sensor is faulty? I was reading around and noticed something I thought was completely unrelated may In fact be related. My interior temps keep reverting back to centigrade after the car is turned off no matter how many times I change it, also tried disconnecting the batter for a little while but didn't help. One forum I read said these could be related? Again any ideas would be helpful, these are a bit different than the typical GM I normally work on.

Last edited by Kyle Sink; 12-30-2016 at 06:46 PM.