Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Battery Replacement$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kevin
A 16 month old post regarding a battery gets resurrected?

Remy batteries ad placement?

Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

possibly...I had not noticed the original post date, only the recent reply.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
3rd Gear

His problem was stopping at TARGET...

Most people know that Audi's are in a lot higher class than Target.. That place is for Ford and BMW owners. LOL

Old 02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

Any other tips on battery replacement? I've had good experience with interstate batteries, is there one that fits? I've been thinking about having Les schwab since its by my work but now I'm worried about this radio code stuff. I don't even know where mine is.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 AM
3rd Gear

There is nothing wrong with Autozone batteries. They work and have a gurantee...

As for replacement without the radio code.. It can be tricky but if you attach a second battery - like you were jumping the vehicle - it will keep power on things while your changing the battery. Obviously -- you can't attach the second battery to the posts of the one your taking out.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

What years the "radio code" refer to, I don't know. Why does everyone say the radio will die? Why will it lose the presets?

My 97 was on the rack with the battery disconnected for 2 months, hell, the engine was out, of course it was disconnected, and when I got it back, the radio worked, and all the presets were the same.

It's possible that the connector has a jumper in it that keeps an EPROM from losing its setting. Unplug the radio, maybe nothing happens, plug in again, maybe it resets to null or something.

Same for the seat and mirror settings. All the same as before it went to the shop. I'm beginning to think the "adapter" with the 9V batt you plug in to maintain settings are a low cost scam. Computer having to relearn I can see. Radio and the like, I cannot.

Cheers,

George

Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 PM

This response is way late, but may help others. Recently purchased exact replacement for my 2004 A6 at Interstate Battery (Tampa) for $184.95. Last year Crown Audi charged almost $300 for my wife's 2003 A6, because they added $100 for an unnecessary diagnostic to tell me I needed a battery when I took it in for that purpose after jump starting it in my garage. The Interstate battery is a great deep cycle battery and they can match any car, boat, tractor, etc. With the cheaper big box store batteries you get what you pay for.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
4th Gear

OK, this is getting stoopid..

EVERY BATTERY HAS A GROUP CODE. ANY BATTERY MEETING THAT GROUP CODE WILL FIT!. PERIOD. NO NEED TO HAVE AN 'AUDI' BATTERY...

Yes, I'm yelling.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bklynbob
This response is way late, but may help others. Recently purchased exact replacement for my 2004 A6 at Interstate Battery (Tampa) for $184.95. Last year Crown Audi charged almost $300 for my wife's 2003 A6, because they added $100 for an unnecessary diagnostic to tell me I needed a battery when I took it in for that purpose after jump starting it in my garage. The Interstate battery is a great deep cycle battery and they can match any car, boat, tractor, etc. With the cheaper big box store batteries you get what you pay for.
Bob, so basically you paid the same price as at the Audi dealer, except this time you didn't need a diagnostic; you just went to store and got one...
By the way, Duralast batteries sold at AutoZone are as good as any other battery. You could have saved another $ 100.
Oh, another thing: most batteries sold on the US market are produced by the same manufacturer, Johnson Controls Inc.. "Interstate" is just a marketing branding so to speak, and sold via the "middle man" (Norm Miller), just like any other distributor like W-Mart, AutoZone, Sears, etc. Even "Optima" batteries are manufactured by the same corporation...

Last edited by chefro; 08-08-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM
4th Gear

The majority of car batteries are created by 3 manufacturers - Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls Industries.
Delphi makes some EverStart models sold in Walmart and ACDelco.
Johnson Control Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard, Kirkland (Costco brand), Motorcraft, some of the EverStarts, and Interstate.
Exide makes Exide batteries, Champion, Napa, and the rest of the EverStart batteries.
I believe Optima Batteries is on its own.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...tentid=4023696

Quick Reply: A6 Battery Replacement$$$$