Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 does not start and radio when turned on has "SAFE" on the display

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Default A6 does not start and radio when turned on has "SAFE" on the display

My A6 2.7T does not start.

When I turn the ignition I hear a series of clicks as if some relay is being switched on and off continuously while I hold the key in the start position. But the engine is not cranking, just clicking noise.

When I turned on the radio I see the word “SAFE” on the display.

Then battery seems to be working as I have parking lights working and turn signals too.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Boris

Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 does not start and radio when turned on has "SAFE" on the display

check the battery. its most likely dead. or has just enough to turn your lights on. SAFE comes on in the radio when the battery is disconnected(or dies) for anti-theft purposes. the safe code should be in the sound system portion of your owners manual or on a tag in the trunk where the spare tire is located. you could try jumping your car to get it started then drive it to have everything tested for battery, charging, starting . etc

Old 11-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Default RE: A6 does not start and radio when turned on has "SAFE" on the display

Thanks for the tip.

ORIGINAL: bullitt

check the battery. its most likely dead. or has just enough to turn your lights on. SAFE comes on in the radio when the battery is disconnected(or dies) for anti-theft purposes. the safe code should be in the sound system portion of your owners manual or on a tag in the trunk where the spare tire is located. you could try jumping your car to get it started then drive it to have everything tested for battery, charging, starting . etc