Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Extended Warranty Help & Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:50 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 Extended Warranty Help & Suggestions

Hello All,

I am brand new to this forum and just purchased a 2002 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L Wagon.

Due to the higher cost of repair this vehicles seem to offer, I am considering an extended warranty plan in hopes to be covered for the most costly repairs.

Extended warranties in my view are only as good as the claims they actually pay. So my question for all of you are which warranty companies would you recommend that will actually cover the most costly issues associated with my vehicle?

Thank you all in advanced for your kind input.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

I am in the same boat as you. I just purchased a 2005 A6 3.2 Quattro. And I need to purchase an extended warranty. Help us out guys! I know there are a lot of experienced A6 owners on this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Warrantydirect.com

Well, I wrote a rather lengthy response to lose everything from time out. Let's see. I went with www.warrantydirect.com. They cover seal failure which most of them don't. They only cover if a main event happens (main bearing, timing gear). They provide a $0 deductible, unlimited claims up to the book value of the car. There is a 30 day/1K mile wait period. Supposedly there are some warranties that provide instant coverage but I have not seen them. This warranty is a pretty penny but provides piece of mind that everything is covered except luxury stuff (NAV, MMI, etc.). No have not made a claim but they have A+ rating with BBB and been in business for quite awhile. I think I may have some of the other warranty info on another machine. Will share that if I haven't deleted it.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Can be worth it

I had purchased a warranty from Wynn's when I got my 1999 2.8q ~6 years back.

I think it can be worth it if you have a shop that is familiar with dealing with the warranty companies and knows how to word everything. Also one that will accept payment direct from company so yo do not have to pay up front and wait to get reimbursed.

For example, I needed a lower control arm on two separate occasions. One shop got it covered, other shop did not. The trick to it was the part that actually failed was the ball-joint, which IS covered. However, to replace the ball-joint you replace the whole arm, which is NOT covered. So the one shop said ball-joint and they paid, other said control arm and they did not.

Once I found the shop that I have continued to stick with to this day, everything was copacetic. He even got the warranty to pay for the timing belt maintenance (I'm pretty sure the water pump is leaking )!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
1st Gear
Default Link for Buying Extended Warranties

Excellent points matthewDD. A shop that is versed in dealing with warranty companies can be crucial when it comes to what's cover and what isn't. Also, they can help with coordination of other repairs/maintenance with the vehicle. If you have to take the engine out to address a timing gear issue, why not take care of other stuff so you don't have to deal with the labor cost? Lastly, here is a link that you should find helpful: EXTENDED WARRANTIES HOW TO BUY AN AUTO EXTENDED WARRANTY, AVOID SCAMS

Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

Hey,
First post here, brand new to Audi. Yesterday I purchased a 2008 A6 Quattro. A very good friend of mine owns the dealership and is extremely honest/forthcoming and he steered me to the Wynn's warranty also. It is the only company he will use for aftermarket coverage. I got the Diamond coverage for about 2675.00 USD and I have Nav, which makes it more expensive. Deductible is 100$. I hope I don't have to use it but I feel better having it. its for 5 years up to 100,000 miles. <<<<for what its worth...

Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

If you like and trust your mechanic, then ask him. After all, he's the one that has to deal with them, so who else would know better?

I keep meaning to ask mine, but I haven't seen him in a while (knock on wood)...

Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

I bought an extended warranty through The Warranty Group for my 2005 A6 3.2. The dealer knows how to work with the plan. I've used it to replace the steering column, about $1,500. Now it is being used to adjust the camshaft, which is really expensive. The warranty is for six years or 125,000. I have 89,700 miles. I think the previous oowner(s) were cheap on oil changes and maintenance. So, I will need to take care of the car and the warranty will come in handy.