Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 IAT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Default A6 IAT sensor

Hello there.. new to the board. I have some experience with turbocharged cars as I've tuned a wrx extensively. But I've met my match My sisters 2000 A6 Quattro. She is having some issues with it and I'm trying to help. First off she had noises at low speed wheel turning... checked her hydraulic fluid.. Low to non existent so I got the old out bled it and refilled. Problem solved. Now she has a CEL... pulled the codes, IAT sensor open/close. Soooo can anyone tell me where the IAT sensor is and what this code may mean? It's not part of the MAF is it?

The other code was a seconday air system low flow/blocked flow. She's already had someone tell her she needs a secondary air pump. They want $1300 to replace it... I've found the pumps for around $570.. is this a DIY install?

Anyway TIA

Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: A6 IAT sensor

With that secondary air code make sure the diverter valves(blowoff valves) hold vacuum. If they leak you can get that secondary air code. The pump shouldnt be to hard to replace for someone of average skills. The iat is probably hiddin by all the intake piping. I cant remember offhand exactly where its but im pretty sure its hiding on that intake manifold somwhere.