Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 S-line No start issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Default A6 S-line No start issue

I bought a used Audi A6 S-line here in the U.K.
I have had it about 10 days. Just today it started with its "no start" issue. Car turns over, seems to be getting gas, but cuts off. I managed to get it started, but problem remains intermittent. Up until now car ran great. Finally late this afternoon I failed to get it started again.
I am not much on Audi's but maybe O2 sensor? Anyone have suggestions? There is no faults, no indication something is wrong. I can even push on the accelerator, start it, watch RPMS rev up, and it quickly dies off. When it does start, it doesn't seem to have any issues, runs pretty smooth.

It first cut out on me outside the dealer. I went to the dealer today to order a A/C flapper motor. Car doesn't put out heat. I took it to the garage and they narrowed it down to the motor. Before this, trying to solve the heat problem, I checked the fuses. I noticed the car had no fuse for heater/door locks/cigarett lighter. I took a 15 fuse out of the radio slot (car has no radio) to see if this would fix the problem. The fuse blew. Same for spare 30 fuse I had, it blew immediately. However, I bought some more spares, replaced the radio fuse and then attempted another in the heater slot--worked, did not blow. However, didn't fix heat problem. That was Sunday.
Three days later I have no start problem--coincidence? or something screwed up electrical? Car worked well Monday thru Wed noon.