Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 TIPTRONIC SHUDDER QUESTIONS AND TECHNICAL HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Default A6 TIPTRONIC SHUDDER QUESTIONS AND TECHNICAL HELP PLEASE

Hi , i have a 1999 A6 avant 4.2 v8 (ARS) engine code with tiptronic which i have just brought and the transmission feels like its juddering/ shuddering when changing gear

Seemsabit worse if youredrivin really sensiblyis there a common problem/remedy ?

Its done 190,000 miles (uk)full dealer history. it seems slightly worse coming off a roundabout so wondering about oil level/condition/ filter change....... doesnt seem to change the symptom hot or cold or in(manual mode)...... but maybe slightly better when hot (again oil level/condition thoughts).............................but kinda concerned about clutch packs but then can be all of them at once and doesnt feel like convertor issue....

Then again could it be a final driveissue ?????????

my questions are .....

(1) Is it filled for life ...
(2) What is the oil grade ... who makes it and where can i get it other than stealers £13 X 9 litre
(3)Are there any other driveline issues that could cause this feeling on this particular vehicle
(4)is it possible to do outside of dealers .i.e oil level etc

I am a chrysler technician so have mechanical knowledge just not clued up about these vehiclesANY helpful info greatly appreciated .........ROB

Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Default RE: A6 TIPTRONIC SHUDDER QUESTIONS AND TECHNICAL HELP PLEASE

I would also like to know this. I have a 2.7t, but when I hammer it off the line and shift into second there is a judder as 2nd engauges?

Old 05-20-2008, 03:10 PM

when was the last service done on the transmission? I would try having flushed and filled first to see if that helps, then go from there. I know that there is a special procedure for having the trans serviced. Audi recommends that it's supposed to be a fill and forget tranny, but most people seem to get it done in the 50K range. When we had the RMS replaced on our A6 last month, they had to change the tranny fluid. I have noticed since it's been back in service that some tranny issues we had previously are now gone, and it shifts better.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

trans fluid is def not for life ... fluid n filter should be changed ... i had mine flushed at 70k

Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi , as i have only just brought the car brought altho it has been to main dealer i dont know if they have changed it , its been to the same stealers all its life but they are not veryforth coming with informationdrives good really , more of an annoyance than anything but want to get it sorted before it goes BANG .. Rob