Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Windows Down On Their Own?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 Windows Down On Their Own?

So, this morning I go out to get the paper & all windows are down on my son's A6.
He claims he didn't do it because he hadn't used the car for last 2 days. One day sick & other day got ride to school with friend. Last night when I came home I had to take garbage out, parked right next to his car & walked right by his car. Didn't notice that windows were down.

So the mystery is how did all his windows go down. Some options are:
1. He did it & forgot, & it wasn't noticed by anyone walking past his car in the driveway, including me.
2. Electrical glitch caused this. I never heard of this type of problem. Has anyone else?
3. Other possibilities?

I asked if he could have triggered it accidentally with his key fob. He says no, must put key in door, turn & hold for all windows to go down. So must do it on purpose. He is in habit of always locking his car using the key fob lock button, & in this instance when I came out in the morning all the doors were unlocked & windows down.

We have a fenced in yard with 3 dogs, so I think it's unlikely someone came onto the property over night & messed with the car, leaving it this way, but who knows.

So has anyone in AF know of way all windows can go down besides the "I forgot" approach?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

Sounding more like an electrical glitch.
Son says now key in door:
Double Turn will only unlock driver's door & not passenger doors.
Turn & hold will now not put any window down.

But the opposite feature is still working properly. Key will lock all door & roll up all windows.

Of course it rained last night, so possibly water may have shorted the circuit, but to unlock all doors & roll down all windows is a pretty poor failure result.