Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to drop some cash on my a6, is it worth it? And where do i go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM
TCB
1st Gear
Default About to drop some cash on my a6, is it worth it? And where do i go?

Okay i posted a few times before and you guys been great but now i need you more than ever!

i got a A6 4qt 3.0 got it about 3 months ago in miami , i drove from miami to new jersey it was amazing got to jersey with no problem !!!! i should of checked it and changed oil like i usualy do after any long trip .. but (and dont kill me) i didnt i ignore GIA (i name my cars that way they feel more personal n i have someone to spew bad words to when things go south.) so here is what happen.

i start it my car in the morning did not let it warm up, i drove about two blocks stop at a stop siqn when to accelerate but NO GO you hear the engine going but the car doesnt move anywhere... i also notice that i didnt need to press the break to switch between R D 2 1 i do need to press it to get out of P ... so i think my transmission is gone to hell .. my options...

i go to the audi dealer where i will get a 25 percent discount will find out how much on monday..or go to aamco to get it check tow 50 check 40 free if i fix it there but i read a lot of bad reviews online and with the lawsuits going on on them they done look to reliable.. my mechanic will not touch my audi he is honest and says he wont cause he doesnt know much about it. i try other mechanic shops but all seem to try to negotiate before i even bring the car $2200 ?? is that what a transmission rebuild goes for?

in either case i want to drop about 5k on the car the transmission change w.e need to be change it has about 97k miles on it is it worth it? should i go audi dealer or gamble with a mechanic? if im gonna pay i want it to work !!!!!

thanx guys

Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to say it, but $2200 sounds about right fit a foreign car tranny rebuild.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
1st Gear

Autobahn Car Care, Inc.

Dealer is robbing your bank a/c... Check with Alfredo for opinion ... they're specialized in Audi, Bimmer, MB

Autobahn Car Care
11950 SW 144th Ct
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 387-2222

The tranny has to be serviced 60k- 80k miles, recommended by ZF
http://www.zf.com/na/content/media/u...s/5HP19FLA.pdf
http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto...C%20102307.pdf
http://www.zf.com/na/content/media/u...rs/PC_dist.pdf

Last edited by bigdadi; 03-31-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TCB
Okay i posted a few times before and you guys been great but now i need you more than ever!

i got a A6 4qt 3.0 got it about 3 months ago in miami , i drove from miami to new jersey it was amazing got to jersey with no problem !!!! i should of checked it and changed oil like i usualy do after any long trip .. but (and dont kill me) i didnt i ignore GIA (i name my cars that way they feel more personal n i have someone to spew bad words to when things go south.) so here is what happen.

i start it my car in the morning did not let it warm up, i drove about two blocks stop at a stop siqn when to accelerate but NO GO you hear the engine going but the car doesnt move anywhere... i also notice that i didnt need to press the break to switch between R D 2 1 i do need to press it to get out of P ... so i think my transmission is gone to hell .. my options...

i go to the audi dealer where i will get a 25 percent discount will find out how much on monday..or go to aamco to get it check tow 50 check 40 free if i fix it there but i read a lot of bad reviews online and with the lawsuits going on on them they done look to reliable.. my mechanic will not touch my audi he is honest and says he wont cause he doesnt know much about it. i try other mechanic shops but all seem to try to negotiate before i even bring the car $2200 ?? is that what a transmission rebuild goes for?

in either case i want to drop about 5k on the car the transmission change w.e need to be change it has about 97k miles on it is it worth it? should i go audi dealer or gamble with a mechanic? if im gonna pay i want it to work !!!!!

thanx guys
Before you start rebuilding. Scan the car for codes. Scan the engine and transmission.

It sounds to me like your are either really low on fluid or your torque converter has failed. But either way even if the trannny as whole failed it would throw a code.

And 2200 for a rebuild is a pretty good deal. It's a great deal if it includes labor. But if it's just a torque converter it will be cheaper. That's why you should scan for codes.

Is the PRNDS all highlited?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
TCB
1st Gear

i live in jersey any one know a good place?.....

PRNDS THE LIGHTS ON THEM ARE ON LIKE NORMAL.. i am gonna get it check for codes first thats always a good idea.. im gonna see what my friend at the dealer says tomorrow and then ill make my decision .. ill let you guys know what the codes are and how i go about getting it fix .. any more insight would be helpfull thanx!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 AM

let us know what happens cause I am always interested in these sorts of things just cause it may happen to mine or one of my buddys cars....

Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM
TCB
1st Gear

okay aamko told me that the repair for the car is gonna run me 5800 dolllars !!! they sayd i should so it cause i already owe them 1500 for taking out the transmission and towing the car... what do you guys think??????

should i pay or should i just get another car ? and if i should get another car then what do i do to pay this people? ..

and is there a way to just abandon ethe car there and get another car with my lisence plates ? im just thinking of options...

Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Jesus, get the car out of Aamco - trust what you read online about them. They're awful. Hopefully you can just pay them for what they've done and GTFO before you really have trouble.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

I won't trust AAMCO to do on Audi and they are independent owned.
You need to find Audi specialized repair shop to make it right, or you put the money in AAMCO and more problems down the road.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Where in Jersey? Hopefully you are close enough to get it to Edge Motors in West Haverstraw NY. Tell Sergey we sent you. Never dealt with them personally but everyone on the forums that has experience with them gives VERY positive reviews. They will tell you straight up what you need to do to get it fixed. Then you need to make the determination if it is worth it or not

good luck