Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Light - Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Default ABS Light - Brake Light

I have a 2000 A6 2.7T

ABS and Brake warning lights came on simultaneously today accompanied by a buzzing that vibrated slightly through the brake pedal itself. It is noticeable while inside the car, but only very subtle if standing outside it.

After doing quite a bit of searching on the forum, I've read about ABS modules and refilling brake fluid, etc., but nobody mentioned this strange buzzing that I could find. I'm not too scared about driving without ABS, but this seems like the kind of noise that warrants a tow job.

Anybody have any insights?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mperdue19; 12-18-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention year and model
Old 12-18-2009, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Get a diagnostic done on the car. Most likely its the ABS module. I had the same problem. Its pretty easy to replace yourself but the part cost about $450 from the dealer. Do some looking online. You might be able to find a reman or used one cheaper.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

I have a 2000 2.7 and I had the same problem. I drove the car for about a year with those lights on because I was too cheap to pay $850 to the dealer to fix it then I was told about www.modulemaster.com. I took the modulator off, sent it to them and I had it back in 4 days. They charged $160 to fix it with a 5 year warranty/unlimited miles. The dealer only offered 12 months/12k miles on a new one. I wasn't to hard to take off. They have instructions on their site. Good Luck.