Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light on. Tech or anyone help plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS light on. Tech or anyone help plz!!

ok gentleman here is my problem. Thursday (yesterday) I took my car to Paul Miller Audi to get my directionals fixed, they stayed solid not blinking. So anyway the problem was fixed and now today I was driving and all of the sudden the ABS light and brake like started blinking and beeping. I pulled over and they shut off. When I got home I vag'd it and pulled this 01203 - Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster
03-10 - No Signal - Intermittent
Could it be Paul Millers fault? or is it just bad timing?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
1st Gear
Default ABS/Brake lights

I wanted to share the same experience since it may help someone else. Hazard light (indicators) stayed on 100% time. Problem with faulty body convenience module. Had it replaced. Hazard relay was OK. After a week I get the ABS/brake light coming on. I also have the 01203 & 00526 codes. I reset codes and hope that will solve issue.

If not, seems like this points to ABS module. It just seems interesting how this just came up and you have the same experience.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dgnetez
I wanted to share the same experience since it may help someone else. Hazard light (indicators) stayed on 100% time. Problem with faulty body convenience module. Had it replaced. Hazard relay was OK. After a week I get the ABS/brake light coming on. I also have the 01203 & 00526 codes. I reset codes and hope that will solve issue.

If not, seems like this points to ABS module. It just seems interesting how this just came up and you have the same experience.
Since you cleared the codes has your light come back on? I mean my light blinked and beeped but is off now. But when Vag'd still shows the code

Old 10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

It's my daughters car so I ran the Vag reader again this afternoon. I got the dreaded 01203 & 00526 codes again. I've also done alot of research on this and it appears to be ABS module. A fault in some wiring within the pcb. Apparantly, the wires used are too thin and they short under load. What's interesting are the mixed reports on other warning lights coming on. Some report the oil pressure light (like myself) and a few others had other stuff. All reports had the same ABS/brake light plus another light. It must depend on the overall circuit.

A few options seem to be available. (1) replace entire ABS unit (2) purchase electronic portion (module) from Audi which was just released but in limited stock (3) have module rebuilt (most have had success but there are a few were the problem returned)

At some point this weekend, I'll disconnect the ABS module and use the car. It gives a permenant ABS / blinking brake status but I am curious about the oil pressure warning. It shouldn't come on but I'm curious. One warning with this test. Some owners reported the rear tires locking up when riding without passengers in the back. Could have something to do with the mix between front and rear brake application.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 PM
3rd Gear

Before you pop for a new ABS, do a google search on remanufactured units.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

ok thanks guys... im gonna take it to Paul Miller mayb theyll feel sorry and give me a free module hahaha

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS/Brake lights

Just to conclude my experience, I disconnected the ABS module today and test drove. The ABS/Brake lights stay on like you would expect but the oil pressure warning does not come on. The display problem some others described is loss of RPM guage. Engine is running, ABS/brake and bleeps but no RPM reading. I didn't get that.

I'll be looking at the rebuild guys next. I believe the most talked about are BBA-Reman, ATE & ModularMasters. I don't want to hijack this post so I'll end it here. By the way, with so many pages of discussion regarding this, Audi never issued a recall. NHSC has several complaints on file.