Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Key and Heating during A/C Problems - 2005 3.2 A6

Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Advanced Key and Heating during A/C Problems - 2005 3.2 A6

Hi -

I'm experiencing two problems with my 2005 3.2 A6.

The first is with my Advanced Key option. When the car is hot (i.e. has been sitting in the sun) the Start button occasionally does not work at first. Usually, after 30 seconds or so, it will eventually work. I've found a direct correlation to the heat in the car (can't explain why) but this never happen at any other time. At all times, I can put the key into the ignition and the car starts fine so I know the problem is isolated with the Start button. Anyone have a similar experience or know if there is a "fix"? Suspect a software rather than hardware problem unless the button's controls are somehow influenced by the heat in the car.

The second is with my A/C. Normally, A/C works beautifully. On occasion, however, the two outside vents (nearest the driver's and passenger's doors) along with the center back vent (feeding backseat at knee level) will start blowing hot air despite the center vent's continued cool air delivery. I almost always have the climate control set at 22 C in fully Auto mode. This has never happened except after the car has been running for more than 1 hour. I took the car in for service on this issue and was told that the A/C pressure, coolant, and diagnosis software were all normal. They couldn't re-create the problem (in the service center not run for >1 hour) so was returned to me problem un-resolved. Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Again, I suspect software and sensors but this remains elusive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Advanced Key and Heating during A/C Problems - 2005 3.2 A6

The problem with the Advanced key is a software issue, there has been a fix for quite sometime now

I havent had any problems concerning the A/C, it could be just the AUTO mode regulating the temp in the car

Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Default A/C Blowing VERY Hot Air - 2005 3.2 A6

Hello mbrookbank:
I am experiencing the same A/C Blowing Hot Air problem. Have you been able to get this resolved?
Has Audi America or your dealership been able to pin point a cause?
My dealer states they never heard of such a problem...sure!
Looking forward to your reply.

Anyone else have similar probelms?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A/C Blowing VERY Hot Air - 2005 3.2 A6

After the vehicle cools down to temp stated on readout it will quit blowing cold air. Notice if you turn it up a degree or two it will blow hot air. If you want it to continue to blow cool air you will have to keep turning down the temp. This isn't hard to figure out guys. If its blowing hot air when you have it on LO, then you have a problem. As for the advanced key, this can be fixed thru the dealer, a TSB has been out for quite some time. The very best info for the C6 chassis can be found at www.audiworld.com under the 2005+C6 chassis forums. If you do a search there, you can read for days on end. Lots of helpful info.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: A/C Blowing VERY Hot Air - 2005 3.2 A6

ORIGINAL: cereal

Hello mbrookbank:
I am experiencing the same A/C Blowing Hot Air problem. Have you been able to get this resolved?
Has Audi America or your dealership been able to pin point a cause?
My dealer states they never heard of such a problem...sure!
Looking forward to your reply.

Anyone else have similar probelms?
New body A6's have had a lot of problems with the exterior temp sensor shutting off the a/c.