Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice: Factory Warranty Ending

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Advice: Factory Warranty Ending

I'm an Audi Noob,,, there thats out of the way.

I just bought a used 2008 A6 (see signature) with 39000 miles and I have approx 4 months remaining on factory warranty. I would like to get as much as I can out of that benefit prior to it expiring so I am wondering for those seasoned owners: What is most prone to go wrong in the near future so that I may steer the dealership techs in the right direction while service is free?

As of now, both front fog lights and both rear tailights are filled with vapor and I plan on taking it in this week to have that addressed. Also, I am getting a very minor, almost undetectable, "flutter" in the car at all speeds. It seems to flutter at the same frequency at all speeds which makes me think its not just the tires out of balance and could be transmission related-any thoughts. Another question for those with warranty experience: the push-to-start and push-to-stop buttons are both showing wear- the black plastic is erroding and showing the white plastic base of the button which makes up the labels that the back-light shows through in a blotch now. Is this something I can press the dealership and ultimately Audi to have replaced since its still under warranty? Any input on these items or anything else to get the maximum from the warranty before I'm out on my own would be very much appreciated. (as an aside, i did purchase an aftermarket warranty but would like to steer clear of relying on that as of now.)