Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air but no heat....why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Air but no heat....why?

Hi,

The air fan motor had been worn out and we took out the whole heating house to remove the motor and replace it with a newer one....Here's the problem: when we put the heating house back in the air worked perfectly as well as the air conditioner but there is no heat coming from the house...there is hot water coming up to the house and we even tested to make sure that there is circulation before putting it in...the axel moves the arms pushing open the port to allow cold air through but the arms are not moving on the heat side...we are even unable to move them with force...does anyone know why or have come across this themselves?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
3rd Gear

My heater does not make strong heat unless I turn it to HI, and even then not much. By comparison, my daughter's 2003 A4 3.0 is a blast furnace. I have read that the heater core may be clogged. So even if you have hot water going to the core, maybe it is not passing through the core and exiting?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

I would check both lines to make sure there is no blockage. There is usally a valve inline to allow coolant into the heater core to allow heating so I would check to see if that valve is working when you put the control to high setting. Also check that your engine is warm since it relies on coolant

Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

There should be two hoses coming off your engine block into your firewall. One is supply to your heater core and one is return. What it sounds like to me is since your heater core hase a lot of loops like a bunch of large sideways s's (~~~~~) you may have air trapped in there. Let your car come up to temp turn the heater on full blast. Find the return line, it will probably be the one that is not smoking hot. at the point where that hose goes into the block crack the hose clamp and very carefully try to let the air escape until you have a steady stream of coolant coming out then tighten it back up. This should solve your problem. Make sure you wear safety glasses and when you are done let the car cool then check the coolant level. Hope this helps good luck.