Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airconditioner not draining.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Airconditioner not draining.

I'm experiancing water build up in the rear passenger floor board area of my 02 A6 Quattro. At first I thought it was from washing the car or when it rained. Since the car has not been washed or rained on recently and when the car is driven with the air on there is never any water under it when parked, I feel it is not draining properly. I've read the forum and checked the obvious places, I've run water in the drain areas and they seem to be working fine. I have not removed the battery as of yet. Could someone tell me where the airconditoner drain is located?

Thanks,

Perry

Old 08-15-2006, 12:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Airconditioner not draining.

I removed the battery box and cleaned the drains, they had some debris in them but no standing water. The passenger side rear floorboard is still wet and when parked on an incline it would puddle. I vacumed all the water out. I still feel it has to be the air conditioner drain. I bought a weeks subscription to an online manual at eautorepair. What a joke. It discusses the drain and shows how to remove/replace it but there is no way to locate where it is on the car from the diagram. Help! Please.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

Here you go...good luck!
Evaporator cleanout for A6

Mine ended up being the battery try drain...I too removed the battery, and I could not see the drain hole that was the issue. Dealer removed the reubber grommet that makes the hole smaller, blew out the drain, reomved the carpet, and let it dry for 3 days. Car came back, good as new, and no more leaks. It was not the evap drain for me, but it is a common source of the water if not the battery tray drain.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

Really, A battery tray drain line? I have a A4 and the passenger side rear floor is puddling. We live in FL and it has been raining her a lot so I thought it had to be a rain leak. How does the battery tray drain line make it to the rear floor?

Thanks you for the info, it has been a chin scratcher to find this water leak/intrusion.