Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm problems I think need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Default Alarm problems I think need help fast

I have a 99 A6 Quarto and I am having some kind of alarm issues. I had just parked my car today and went to get out and the doors locked me in. Then I tried to unlock the doors with the door lock, no luck. Tried to use the door handle and still no luck. Grabbed my keys and tried to use the unlock on the key fob. As soon as I unlock it locked right a way. If I moved in the car the motion sensor went off. So I tried to start the car and it would not start. I checked to see if I had the car in park it was so I moved it to neutral and back to park. The car would still not start. I finally had to turn the car on and roll my window down and then take the key out and unlock the door from the outside to get out. Got out rolled the window up (with the alarm going off) and locked the car(it did that on its own). I went home and got my other key the car would not let me use the key fob to unlock the doors or lock them. I got in using the key manually and the car start up. I still have the locking issue, so any help would be great. I still can not use my # 1 key in the car at all. I plan to un hook the battery tonight and see if that helps in the morning. PLEASE HELP, my nearest Audi dealer is 50 miles away and am worried the car may not make it there! Thank you for any help.
Seth

Old 10-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Alarm problems I think need help fast

If it happens again lock and un-lock the car with the key in the driver's door, that will allow you to start the car again.
Its probably a faulty door latch/hood latch/trunk latch. If it thinks the door is open after you locked the car with the fob the alarm will go off randomly all the time.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Alarm problems I think need help fast

Thanks that has some what solved my problem. How hard is it to replace the door latch, should I take it to the dealer to have them trouble shoot that issue?