Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are any of the automatic gearbox control modules interchangable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Are any of the automatic gearbox control modules interchangable?

Hi Guys,

I need to get hold of a replacement gearbox control module / gearbox ECU for my A6 2.8 Quattro Semi-automatic MY1998. Unfortunately, the one for my car which ends in a 'D' is around £1200 from a dealer and is more than the car is worth, and second hand they are as rare as rocking horse sh*t so I can't get one here in the UK! I also can't get one shipped (I don't think) because of the prices of VAT / duty etc.

So, does anyone know if any other modules can be plugged into my car to get it to work? The number on mine is something like 4B0 --- --- D. I see quite a few similar looking numbers from 2.4 and 2.8 A6's but they seem to end in BL or other letters.

I have also tried sending off the unit for repair to 2 companies. One said they couldn't check it at all, and another said that all the components seem to be ok individually but that they weren't able to run a simulator on my module as they don't have the right software, but when we got the ECU back it still didn't work when in the car.

Any suggestions for a UK based solution would be really gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Stewart

Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Anyone??