Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 99' loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 99' loud exhaust

Hey so i just bought my 99 audi a6 quattro and it sometimes makes a loud noise especially in first gear when going from about 2500 up and it dies down the more I advance in gears. I was wondering what the cause of this could be, exhaust, transmision, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also right now when I turn the car on the fog lights come on and when I turn the low beams on the fog lights turn off is this a mod or is this how the car originally behaves.

Thanks for your time and support

Old 08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alexb777
Hey so i just bought my 99 audi a6 quattro and it sometimes makes a loud noise especially in first gear when going from about 2500 up and it dies down the more I advance in gears. I was wondering what the cause of this could be, exhaust, transmision, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also right now when I turn the car on the fog lights come on and when I turn the low beams on the fog lights turn off is this a mod or is this how the car originally behaves.

Thanks for your time and support
Well loud noise is exhaust from my experience. I had the same issue only to find out that the clamps on the exhaust hoses were rusted and brittle. Changed them and now its nice and quiet

Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by alexb777
This sounds like it's in Daytime Running Lite mode which was/is required on cars in certain countries (most of them now). What country is this car originating from?

It would also help if you describe the noise better than "loud noise".

Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nm3210
This sounds like it's in Daytime Running Lite mode which was/is required on cars in certain countries (most of them now). What country is this car originating from?

It would also help if you describe the noise better than "loud noise".
thanks a lot, ill try to get a recording of it, I believe its originating from Germany is there any way to turn on both low beams and fog lights at the same time? Also currently the fog lights sometimes turn off after a couple of minutes and sometimes they stay lit for hours, I was assuming it was because of the way the previous owner made the connection but does anyone have another input on this? Theyre 50watt like theyre supposed to so its not because theyre too bright or anything of that sort