Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 sunroof stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Default Audi a6 sunroof stuck

Not even 24 hours into this car yet, and my sun roof will not close. It is in the down position, and the "tilt control" seems to do nothing but open or close the roof. I have also lost all intermediate stages on the sunroof. If I turn it just to the first position, the window automatically opens up all the way. I have read in my manual that I can close the window manually (read in the manual that I can do it manually!) but I'm a little unsure about prying the light housing out with a screwdriver. The plastic light cover came out rather easily, but when I pry on the whole housing it seems like I might actually break something, rather that just "pry out the housing" as the manual says . I am hoping there is some "on again off again, little bit o this way , little bit o that way" ritual that I can do to please the Audi gods and make my sunroof work again.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM
3rd Gear

You may find some owners of a similar yr model that actually fiddled with the cover plate and tell you how it exactly is fastened.

On older models you should pry it open from the "front" side (toward the windshield) as that's the fastening edge with metal clips (one on each side). You can insert a flat head screwdriver - or if you have a sturdy plastic or fiber trim tool is even better - on the longitudinal edge, close to the corner. While you gently try to push in the clips you pull down the cover's edge.
As you pry it open, the other edge (toward the sunroof) with the plastic clips (those can break easily if mishandled) should then slide out easily.

It sounds like you need a new potentiometer.