Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Newbie with questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Default Audi Newbie with questions

I bought a 2001 A6 4.2 yesterday, so far I'm happy with it but its only been a day. I've been a Subaru person my whole life so I kinda feel like a jackass for leaving my subie people. What are the upgrade options for this car? I've been looking for a couple weeks for performance parts and I cant find much if anything, what are the good sites? I also want to debadge the trunk but I dont know which of the badges are adhesive and which ones have holes. When I debadged my subaru I ended up with holes in my trunk because I didn't do the research first and I dont want that to happen with this car. I'm glad to be a part of the Audi community and I hope my time with Audi is going to be as good as my time with subaru.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Audi Newbie with questions

a scooby is a scooby and designed for traffic light power to impress the birds,
an Audi a6 4.2 is designed to impress you

Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Congratulationson your upgrade! Not much for performance in the 4.2. Work on your suspension and exhaust, etc. ECU chips are a waste of money. Boston Driver definitely is your contact for the 4.2. I believe that all of the badges on the trunk deckare on with adhesive. At least thats how it is with my 2.7T.All I can say is enjoy the ride and luxury the 4.2 has to offer, because coming from a guy who's brother owns a Subaru, they certainly do not have it!

OOOO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/E3C4EBF6CF2A4F28A7C182EBDA4F9410.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2007, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on grabbing an A6 "widebody"!!! I bought the 4.2 last year January, and it has been a great car!

Badges: Yes, they are held on with adhesive only. Removing them is easy, just gently heat with hairdryer or heat gun...but be careful not to burn the paint! Once the badges are off, use some goo-gone or other adhesive remover to get the residual stuff, give the trunk a good wash, claybar and wax and voila, done!

Performance: As Joeski said, not much for "performance" mods for the 4.2 other than suspension and exhaust. There is a chip for the tranny which is supposed to shift between gears faster, but I think it is not worth the $$. Look into H-sport sway bars for better cornering and handling...I still think the absolute BEST bang-for-the-buck mod we have. About $400 +/- and not too hard DIY for installation.

Ive doen LOTS of stuff to my 4.2, mostly electrical and cosmetic. You can cehck out my registry page for more info on all the stuff I've done. Feel free to send a PM or e-mail if you have any specific questions.

Enjoy the ride!!!