Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi trany oil....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi trany oil....

I had the oil on my transmition chanced a while ago and they put the ATF 134 on it , then a while lagter the trany started being werd on cold starts ,, i took the car to the dealer and they said this was propably the wrong oil on it so i called the garage and they told me that their computer said that ATF 134 would do just fine or not better , but audi dealer told me the audi oile was the one to go for

MY QUESTION is ... Is ATF134 ok to put on the CVT trany or do i need the special audi oile

Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

OMG here we go again ..
90% of people will say you have to go with OE replacement no question or there will be issues .. as Audi states.. there is a small vocul minority of about 10% who feel this is BS and provide other options and insist the options work as well if not better and are way cheaper ... I have not done mine but think I will go along with the 90% or so ..

Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Theiceman
OMG here we go again ..
90% of people will say you have to go with OE replacement no question or there will be issues .. as Audi states.. there is a small vocul minority of about 10% who feel this is BS and provide other options and insist the options work as well if not better and are way cheaper ... I have not done mine but think I will go along with the 90% or so ..
sorry new on the chat ... so you would say the audi oil is the way to go ... cuz they told me at the garage that the ATF134 is just as good if not better ... so that is bullshit

Old 11-25-2010, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear

The transmission is a CVT?

The garage told you whatever Mobil advertises- might not be a BS.

The CVT transmissions are known to have many issues - perhaps yours is about to..
Read the forums.
You might consider to let the car go, due to the $$$$ of CVT.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

ATF service - using the correct ATF fluid is just 1 of many unique things in this service. The Vagcom to monitor the ATF fluid temperature, the multi shifting all gears and fill up the fluid is another one... the ZF link here... ZF is the company manufactures the Audi tranny, check it out... make sure it is performed by garage specialized in Audi/VW/Porsche because they are familiar, have proper tools and correct fluids and kits. It is little expensive but cheaper than dealers.

http://www.rsgear.com/products/catalogs/5HP19FLA.pdf
The service process starts in page 4

You can find out all your car's fluids from AMSOIL site
https://www.amsoil.com/products/appl...aspx?zo=531421

Last edited by bigdadi; 11-25-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

thanx for the info ... i am taking it to them to do it againd for free , if it will not get any better by then i will take it back to dealer to find what is wrong ,,, but my question was only if i could use this The ATF 134 ?

Old 11-25-2010, 04:41 PM
3rd Gear

FYI... CVT is a different animal compared to the ZF manufacturer quattro box. I am not even sure who manufactures the CVT in Audis. I would go by the dealer recommendation on the CVT... I am not saying something else will not work, but there aren't that many people with CVT and they are prone to failure. Amsoil, Redline, Mobil specifically states that there fluid doesn't work in CVT.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
FYI... CVT is a different animal compared to the ZF manufacturer quattro box. I am not even sure who manufactures the CVT in Audis. I would go by the dealer recommendation on the CVT... I am not saying something else will not work, but there aren't that many people with CVT and they are prone to failure. Amsoil, Redline, Mobil specifically states that there fluid doesn't work in CVT.
they are taking it back to do it for free , and i will report if it will gett better or worse , but i think you are right