Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Buy Screw Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:47 AM
1st Gear
Default Best Buy Screw Up

My brother had been driving my G35 coupe for past couple of months and he wanted to get an ipod kit installed. He bought an OEM system from Inifiniti and took it to Best Buy to confirm that they can install it and it'll cost only $50 for installation...sounds like a good deal but those ***holes had no idea what they were talking about.

They opened up the entire dashboard and had no clue until they asked for instruction booklet and after spending 4 hours on it they finally gave up and I ended up with no kit installed and to top that off...my cd changer stopped working.

I showed up there at Best Buy when my brother called me and we both talked/yelled at Operations and Store manager...they were understanding and offered free installation but they tried to blame us instead...said that i should have not left cd's in changer and that caused the entire issue. Operations manager called Infiniti to make surethat they'll cover the replacement cd changer under warranty and that was the case but bottom line is that we ended up waisting 4 hours...kit was not installed and my cd changer doesnt work.

Can they hire any more screw ups...suppose to be certified techs. I think Best Buy is only good for a car like Kia or Geo Metro...anything better and they have no clue what's going on? LESSON LEARNED...

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Best Buy Screw Up

I wouldn't trust best buy to hook up a stereo system correctly without ******* something up, much less a car.

Take it to a reputable indy place that'll do it right, may cost more but it'll save you the aggravation. Just consider this a lesson learned and be thankful they didn't do a lot more damage.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

agree with marko_tomas13 I always took it to indy shop since the first car I owned,and indy shop owner was also my customer at where I worked, he was willing me to let me in to his shop garage and I was able to learn lot more. so I ended up doin alarm install stereo install etc on and off (I do still sometime,but most of hte time for my friends) seeing way BB install that I had to redone for few people, always recommend to go local indy shop.

There is installer's forums etc that you can get instruction on how to do these things easily that you can even do it on your own, search around visit local indy shops(visit few and see their work) and take it to where you feel most comfortable.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

Considering the sophistication of the electronics in most modern cars, its wise to stick withthe dealer or at least a very reputable private installer. Trusting the likes of Best Buy is just plain penny wise and dollar foolish.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Never turest best buy for anything, computer related or installing anything on your car. A year I ago I took my old car (Acura Legend) to have a simple keyless entry installed it took nearly forever for this and when the tech came back he complained how many wires there were under the dashboard. Also the new module was supposed to disable the factory alarm from going off, it still goes off if you lock the doors from the inside and try to unlock with the remote.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

Does anyone know of any indy shop around DC, VA area that can install an ipod kit? Thanks

Old 04-16-2008, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audia6s

Does anyone know of any indy shop around DC, VA area that can install an ipod kit? Thanks
They can install ipod kit and many more... http://www.cartrendz.com/