Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth phone interface for 2001 A6?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth phone interface for 2001 A6?

I tried to use the forum search, but it appears to be broken as nothing is found despite any keyword searched (index problem likely).

So I will post the question: what bluetooth solution have others installed in their A6 successfully? I was looking at the Parrot and Motorola units, but want to make sure whatever soution I get has a plug & play wiring harness to avoid/minimize splicing. Would like the unit to tie into the factory radio so when calls are taken, the radio is muted and the call is heard over the factory audio. I have a 2001 A6 2.7T with the factory Symphony/Bose audio system. Any and all feedback welcomed, want to make sure I get a good solution.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth phone interface for 2001 A6?

Nobody using bluetooth in their Audi's?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth phone interface for 2001 A6?

I used the Motorola HF850 BT kit in my car (prior to upgrading to the OEM BT), and I thought it worked great!. Roughly$100 shipped from eBay, and mutes radio/CD when placing/receiving calls, decent voice dial features (if your phone has voice dialing) from your phonebook or just say numbers.

Here is a post on my install in the A6: http://forums.audiworld.com/telematics/msgs/1153.phtml

I now have the OEM kit, which is fully integrated with the steering wheel controls and the RNS-E navigation, but it was a LOT more $$$. If all you need is basic handsfree, get the Moto or Parrot kits.