Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 06 A6 with Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Default Bought a 06 A6 with Aftermarket Wheels

Hello all,

New to the Forum and new Audi Owner. Like i said I just but an 2006 A6 with Aftermarket wheels, and driving away from the dealer I see my Tire Pressure Monitoring System blow up with warnings and Yellow lights (thought I was landing a plane). Anyways, call the dealer up and they tell me i can turn off the system, but I don't see it. With minimal research on the net, I see you can not turn off on an A6, is this true? If so, can I get them to remove the sensors from the factory wheels and put them on the aftermarket wheels?

BTW used car Dealership.

Thanks for any help,
Nick

Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 PM

Be careful using aftermarket wheels, most are not made for a heavy
car like the A6, that's not saying you can't buy approved aftermarket wheels it's just a limited few plus whoever switched wheels may have damaged the sensors. Go to the Car menu then the System and see if it shows Switch Wheels option. BTW, your original Audi wheels cost $500 per wheel without the tire, make the dealer fix the problem with the sensors working or better yet..get the original wheels back.

Last edited by mystrodo; 08-25-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by mystrodo
Be careful using aftermarket wheels, most are not made for a heavy car like the A6, that's not saying you can't buy approved aftermarket wheels it's just a limited few plus whoever switched wheels may have damaged the sensors.
Ya, I bought the car that way. Is there an approved list of aftermarket wheels somewhere? I thought that the sensors were mounted to the wheels? If so, these aftermarket wheels needed a new set of tires, so I don't think that they move the sensors. So my question remains the same, is it possible to move the sensors from the audi wheels to the aftermarket wheels?

Thanks,
Nick

BTW, mystrodo thinks for the heads up on the wheels. I don't there going to give me them back.

Last edited by Nickmind; 08-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Yes, you can move the sensors (I think) from Audi wheels to the aftermarket wheels..your best bet would be to have your Audi service check it since your car may still be under factory warranty depending on when it was originally purchased..did you get a carfax, it'll show the date. Sounds like the dealer is playing games if the sensors are missing..doesn't California have some buyer rights within a certain period of time? regardless..you can buy new sensors from Audi.