Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake and turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Exclamation Brake and turn signal problem

on my 2005 a6 3.2 left rear brake and turn led signal goes out if i hit a bump and tap on the tail light, it also tends to go out more often when its really hot outside. does anyone have any sug. on my issue before i take it to the dealer? or where i can buy replacement parts other then dealer?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear

A bulb to light - continuity (source-consumer) is needed.
It is obvious that your light issue is based on the lack of continuous supply of electrons from your battery to that bulb.
Shortly- your bulb is lose (inside it's holder) => open the lights and take off the bulb, clean the contact surfaces and put it back. Check the operation before putting back the cover.
If the problem persist you could find an any shop to fix your problem, but if you have excessive amounts of $$$, you could do a donation to dealers.

For replacement parts - do the effort and search the forum.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM

thanx i took out the housing and i checked all the other bulbs but the led ones i cant get to cuz they are inside the housing i'm going to bring it to the dealer see what they have to say about it and im gonna have to look into the forums someone see what i can dig up thanx again for the info.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Same problem

My 05 A6 rear right brake and turn signal will go out when it is hot outside. Rarely ever see the issue when cool. Took to dealer. They couldn't re create the issue. When I turn car off and restart the problem goes away for awhile.

Did you get your problem resolved?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Same problem

When it is hot outside I have the same problem with my 2005 A6 and the right brake and turn lights. I can drive for a while then tap the brakes and "BEEP" Rt Brake Light..."BEEP" Rt Turn Signal (maybe opposite order). Any case I can turn the car off and on and it is resolved for potentially the rest of the drive.

Very frustrating! I have taken out the lamp assembly and cleaned all connections. Dealer says it is probably either the connector (which one..the one to the lamp or inside?) or the lamp assembly. They asked if my lights are dimmer on the right then the left which the are not. They said most likely it is the connector then. I assume the connector is the one on the wiring harness.

Has anyone resolved this highly annoying problem? Any thoughts are very very welcome since I don't want to shell out the $$$ to my dealer (especially if the problem doesn't happen when they test it).

Thanks in advance!
Greg