Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new - advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Buying new - advice

Hi.

I'm changing my '58 Lexus GS 450h SE-L for a new Audi A6 2.0 TDI.
( Anyone interested in the lexus, it'll be for sale next month )

I've got to confirm specification in the next few days.

I'd like some advice, please.

I originally wanted cream leather, ventilated seats, and wood.
( I guess because that's what I'm used to )
Turns out that I really have to choose between the s-line features, and ventilated seats. Having thought about it for a while, I've decided to go for the S-line, and lose the idea of "plush luxury" in favour of the better exterior hints. A factor in this has been the fact that none of the a6's for sale have ventilated seats.

So having gone that far, I'm thinking I should be going for the standard metal s-line inlays, right? Does anyone have the wood or piano black and want to recommend it? I haven't seen either in the flesh

My aim with this change was to add a load of technology, so i'm opting for:
- ACC, side assist, lane assist, pre-sense plus
- Adaptive bi-xenon lights
- HUD
- 4-zone
- Speed limit display

I've given up on the idea of LED lights. They're expensive, and again, I don't see many cars with them at all. (In fact, I couldn't find a single one).
Also out is the park assist. I don't parrallel park often enough, even though it's only 410.
I've also decided against the pedestrian night vision, since it's expensive, and seems unicorn rare!

So, from those options, are there any which aren't worth the money, or which I should consider more, from people's experience?

The speed limit display I was a bit dubious about. Can anyone confirm if *without* it, you still see the GPS driven speed limit on the DIS or HUD?

Very tempted by the B&O stereo, but too expensive.

Other than that, I'm thinking the ubiquitous daytona grey, with standard 18" alloys. Whilst I'm tempted to get bigger nicer ones, I'm aware how much the tyres cost!

Full spec: The Audi Configurator - Your Audi

Any other advice?

Thanks

Gareth

Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

I realised there's one more important question: Price.

They started with a 4k discount provided by 1750 by audi finance, and 2250 by the dealership.

It took a lot of effort to get them up to 7500 total discount, so the car's costing about 39k, down from 47k.

Does that sound about the best I should be able to get?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Where are you located? As far as I know those of us in the USA cannot get the 2.0 TDI yet. When you state the cost is that in US$? If it is, then you are getting an excellent deal.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

In the UK - so the price in in GBP.

Maybe I should hunt for a UK audi forum

Thanks!