Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 A6 Boost Gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Default C5 A6 Boost Gauge pod

I searched for a while on here and never really found a clear answer on where or how to install a boost gauge on your steering column. Well, ive found a somewhat easy way to do this. I dont really want to do a full do it yourself link because the wiring and technical assitance for the gauge is the same as it would be for any other boost gauge. I just wanted to offer up a place to get the proper pod for our cars.
I found mine on an ebay related store. They also have their own website.

http://www.newsouthperformance.com/passatpod.htm

The pod is for the B5 VW Passat, but it is a very close fit to our Audi A6. To make the proper fit, i heated up the edges of the pod from the bottom(with blow torch) and worked the maleable plastic over the existing steering column. The plastic then cools and holds it shape to your column. Also you will have to make sure that the cruise control and signal stalk has enough clearance on the left side. When the plastic is warm, you can either cut it with a razor blade or bend it out of the way. I secured my pod with sticky velcro for easy removal. It has a clean appearance and is the best i could find when searching for a gauge application.
Here is the gauge that I used.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Red-D...t-Gauge-1.aspx

Just thought someone else might be in the same place as me. Feel free to ask questions.

Attached Thumbnails C5 A6 Boost Gauge pod-a6-boost-gauge.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM
3rd Gear

That looks pretty sweet. Much props for you. Now I just need a car with turbos!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

Does this block the clock, date, and whatnot down in the bottom-left or can you lean over to see it still? How does the molded part look? I really want a boost gauge but want it to look factory as well. Thanks.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM

The only thing that is slightly obstructed is the Date and Time. Everything else is visible.

The pod that you get is NOT an exact fit. No one makes one for the C5 A6, but this is the closest one. I might actually remove it and fiberglass the pod part only into the existing column cover. There is someone on AudiZine that just did this and it looks pretty clean after sanding and painting.
Check it out.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-gauge-project...

Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, that one looks really good too. Unfortunately I have no Fiber Glass experience. Someone could make some good $ off a good gauge pod for the C5 A6. Just get a solid mold and mass-produce em. There would be a pretty good market I'd think since you'd pretty much be the only one selling them. I dont have airbags in my A-Pillars (if I did, it would have the "airbag" stamped on them right?) so I might try to get a pod for there instead of the steering column. I just don't want it to look out of place and not match the interior.