Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car's shutting off at random

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:41 AM
SSn
1st Gear
Default Car's shutting off at random

I have a problem... It started a while ago when my car shut off while I was waiting at a stop light. I started it right back and since my heater was on that day I thought I might have bad alternator or voltage regulator. Few days later is did this again and I came up with the same diagnosis since on that particular time my AC was on =)
Unfortunatelly, today it died at me twise while moving, and non of the accessories were in use... It just dies and will not start anymore right a way. I was stuck in the middle of the road cranking the motor trying to start it up. After few minutes I gave up and pushed the car into a side street and, what do you know, it started right up again =\

What might that be? Fuel related may be? Although, I think, not starting is rather related to no spark situation... Because I had this wierd thing going on if I lock the car and put the keys in my pants while going to the store or something it will trigger the allarm and car will not start unless I unplug the battery for at least 15 minutes.
That does not explain why it shuts off while driving though... There is no warning lights, and it runs just fine.

Also, don't think it's related but my ABS light comes on and off at random (during uphil acceleration mostly) starting yesterday...

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks a lot.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 AM
SSn
1st Gear
Default RE: Car's shutting off at random

Forgot to mention it's 98 2.8 A6