Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine light on steady...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default check engine light on steady...

2004 a6 3.0
check engine light came on the other morning during normal driving.
checked fluid levels and gas cap. still on...
thoughts?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear

Hmm, very perplexing. Let me see if I can help, hold on a moment while I run get my crystal ball.

While I gaze deeply into its hazy pewter glow, the distinct smell of Nap Champa fills the room, I see something, it's so faint I can barely make it out. It looks small, green and , and , and I'm just not sure. Wait, there's something else in there with it, it looks like an old Korean man wearing a tan robe of some sort. Shh, I think he's trying to say something, it sounds like he's saying I told you not to feed him after midnight, I told you not to get him wet. What can all this mean? I inhale deeply and try to focus, yes, yes it's all becoming clear now, your engine has a GREMLIN.

Oh this is terrible, I must get further clarification for this fellow member. Maybe my trusty Magic 8 ball can help me out?

Oh magic 8 ball, please help me see this situation more clearly. I gently shake the ball, turn it over, I can see the icosahedron with the answer coming into view, it says "concentrate and ask again". Damn you Magic 8 ball, I need answers, don't fail me now. "Magic 8 ball, why do people expect us to know why their check engine light is on, do they think we have crystal *****?" As I roll the ball back over I get a sudden chill, the room seems to have gotten much cooler than it was moments ago. I inhale deeply while I wait for the answer to reveal itself. Rubbing my eyes, the answer comes into focus "Signs point to yes".

Last edited by Jeffla; 08-08-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 AM
2nd Gear

Inspired by jeffla's mystical diagnosis, I decided to resort to me tarot cards. They never let me down when the electronics in my old porsche were acting up.

The page of cups is telling me that surely you need better inspection equipment. Then the death card popped up, not good. But don't fret, the kind swords shows you need to cut to the heart of the problem....

thought so.... get a vag com

Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

Damn! I knew the palm reader was running me in circles!
she said that surely it may be an emissions check but we couldn't determine if light came on for 1 of 1499 other problems too...
I have ferried the beast to an island for summer work and am hoping that there is no serious issue before I get back.

Maybe I will try to have a VAG COM shipped here so I can produce some codes and then maybe some answers
-BUT, to get to Post Office I must pass the billy goats gruff......

Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear

Hey stop all that spiritual crap -- Just get a BFH and fix the thing!