Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which chip for 2.7t

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
1st Gear
Default which chip for 2.7t

I know i know... Its like the most repetitive thread on here but bare with me. Ive read LOTS of posts on this already.

Now that i finally have fixed my boost/vacuum leaks and done a tune up its time for a chip!

Origonally i was torn between apr and giac.. Now im thinking about revo. APR and GIAC are both 150miles away. and Revo is right down the street. From my research ive found that revo is a heavier tune like giac (315hp for 91 octane), but i cant find all that much info about it.

I hear alot of people talking down on giac cause its too hard and a lot of people saying apr isnt the head to the seat jammin chip that giac is....
The little that i have found about revo has all been positive at least.

So i guess my question is... Has anyone had experience with revo... Pros and cons. Any reason why i shouldnt go that route.

Thanks
Ben

Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
3rd Gear

I went with GIAC because the indie shop that does my work recommended it...along with the heavy duty TBB and DVs. It went in at 85k and still runs fine at 209k. I think all the stage 1 chips give you close to the same 318 hp, up from 250. Some have bells and whistles for valet parking and different octane settings. I'd go with whatever a local shop can install and support if I were you. Just be aware that older tips and even MT6 clutches don't take well to the extra power of a chipped engine. That's why I have a stage 2 clutch and LWFW.