Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch slapping and sticking to floor. please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Clutch slapping and sticking to floor. please help.

So i just installed K04's on my 2000 a6. and everything is back in except the two front halfshafts, two connectors, and bolts for my tranny mounts. But I wanted to see if my engine would start before I went ahead and threw the shafts and got bolts for tranny on. the but the clutch just flings to the floor when i put just a small bit of pressure on it and stays there, then i have to pull it back up with my hand. Now when i pulled my engine/tranny i just disconnected the hose from the slave cylinder instead of the entire slave. could my clutch really be a result of me not bleeding it yet or is something else the problem? because I would think that having air in the system it would still at least work a little bit. and the reservoir is filled to maximum but everytime i push and pull the clutch it goes down a small bit which would make me think its still working. Any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it? or do i just need to bleed it to fix it? thanks for any help guys! the last thing stopping me from getting my car on the road...kinda. oh and does anyone have a diagram all of the connectors and what they are/go to? thanks again.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

It doesnt take much air in the system to stop the clutch from working altogether so I would bleed it out before going any further. By unhooking that line all the fluid in the line would have leaked out and there is no way its going to work with that much air in the system