Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple of little strange things with my A6

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Default couple of little strange things with my A6

Ok I have a 2000 2.7T and there are a couple of small strange things that could be something or nothing and I was wondering what there people's were like:

when I unlock the trunk lid with the remote the turn signals do not flash but they do when I unlock the passenger compartment, is this normal or is there a fault some place?

secondly was the 2000 A6 fitted with daytime running lights? I think that it is meant to be but for some reason my do not work. I don't mind that they don't as it keeps the hours of the expensive HID's but I am wondering if there is a switch that the previous owner turned to the off position. If not anyone any idea where I could luck for a fault?

Thanks guys
James

Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

1. My 2001 2.8Q does not flash when you release the trunk. It flashes when you lock/unlock the car but never for the trunk. All 3 of our newer vws lights flash but I dont think the audis do.

2. I dont think the Audis have DRLs. Our 2000 Passat wagon had them but my A6 does not. It seems the Audis all have parking lights, headlights, and fogs that can be turned on with either. No A6 in the C5 generation has DRLs as far as from what I have seen, same thing with the B5 cars...

Old 11-15-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by james0013
Ok I have a 2000 2.7T and there are a couple of small strange things that could be something or nothing and I was wondering what there people's were like:

when I unlock the trunk lid with the remote the turn signals do not flash but they do when I unlock the passenger compartment, is this normal or is there a fault some place?

secondly was the 2000 A6 fitted with daytime running lights? I think that it is meant to be but for some reason my do not work. I don't mind that they don't as it keeps the hours of the expensive HID's but I am wondering if there is a switch that the previous owner turned to the off position. If not anyone any idea where I could luck for a fault?

Thanks guys
James
2) you can vag it and do a simple DIY to run your fogs on with your yellow lights. Its a nice little mod too makes it look nice IMO. Ill see if I can get you a DIY

Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Retard Riot 686
2) you can vag it and do a simple DIY to run your fogs on with your yellow lights. Its a nice little mod too makes it look nice IMO. Ill see if I can get you a DIY
Thats why I said you can run the fogs with either position, I have been able to run fogs with only ambers since I bought it. So yours wasnt like that?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

>> 2001A6... you're right, the parking lights do not flash while unlocking the trunk.

" 2. I dont think the Audis have DRLs. Our 2000 Passat wagon had them but my A6 does not. It seems the Audis all have parking lights, headlights, and fogs that can be turned on with either. No A6 in the C5 generation has DRLs as far as from what I have seen, same thing with the B5 cars... "

>> you mean in USA. In Europe, Canada and many other countries, Audis do come with DRL, as they are mandatory as a proven saftey feature.
I thought the fog lights, by default, aren't supposed to come on unless the headlights are on, and will go out with high beam on.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by WolfsA62.8Q
>> 2001A6... you're right, the parking lights do not flash while unlocking the trunk.

" 2. I dont think the Audis have DRLs. Our 2000 Passat wagon had them but my A6 does not. It seems the Audis all have parking lights, headlights, and fogs that can be turned on with either. No A6 in the C5 generation has DRLs as far as from what I have seen, same thing with the B5 cars... "

>> you mean in USA. In Europe, Canada and many other countries, Audis do come with DRL, as they are mandatory as a proven saftey feature.
I thought the fog lights, by default, aren't supposed to come on unless the headlights are on, and will go out with high beam on.
Hmm, well 4 got about that I guess, Im used to the US, didnt think about the other countrys. On the fogs, I can have parking ambers, with or with out fogs, same with headlights but they do go out with the brights. I hate that, they stayed on on the 02 eurovan we had, it had some lights on it. I would have figured that since our 00 passat had drl's, my 01 A6 would for sure, but it doesnt. In fact, do any of our Audis have drls, i know the new ones with the leds do, but what about B6 and B7 A4s... I just dont get why Audi set it up like this, I mean, I like it better, but I dont quite get it.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 AM

The 200 A6 does not have DRL's as an option in the US, only in Canada and Europe. Also, you only hve 1 rear fog. There is a DIY for convernting your front fogs to act as DRL's in conjunction with your marker lights. If your a member on Audiworld, do search for the Nene Fog light mod. It requires taking apart your headlight switch and splicing a couple of wires so that your fogs come on with your markers.

You can also modify your rear plate surround to allow for dual rear fogs, or you can search ebay. Occasionally a Euro rear plate surround, alreay set up for dual rear fogs will pop up. The dual rear fogs did not come ou tin the US unitl '02 and newer models.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

my lights dont blink when i hit the trunk either, its how its suppose to be. i made my Fogs independent and put em on a different switch so i can use them as DRL's with nothing else on. i did the same for my rear fogs. i also made my parking lights stay completely off when my headlights are on. so they only come on when the directional is active.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

hi guys thanks for the affirmation I really appreciate it.