Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dashboard indication

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Default dashboard indication

How can I change kilometers, Lets say i see 150000 km and i want to make 100000km. How is it possible to do that with vagcom? I just want to reduce numbers. And how to check that it has been changed.?

And lets say my airbags light is on on the dashboard. How to turn it off? If i turn it off on the dashboard so my airbags will work. right?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
2nd Gear

In order to change the KM you need to buy a new ECM or reflash it and pay someone to lie and reprogram the wrong km into it. These vehicle are designed to keep people from lying and changing the odometer readings.

Your airbag light will go out when you fix the problem that's for sure. Or you can alter the light but the reason it's on is because the sensor is broken and that means it will not deploy in an accident.

Why not just leave them alone and let the new owner know they are broken so they can have them repaired?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:08 AM

What is ECM? And how to reflash it?
I just want to know how to reprogram it. I just want to know how to do that not to lie someone.

Talking about airbags My friend told me that if i fix it (turn the light off) the airbags will be repaired. Airbags are not broken but the only thing i need to do is to turn the light off the dashboard to make them work.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:22 AM
1st Gear

Changing the odometer reading is not legal in most places. If you have a Brand NEW speedometer, it can be rolled forward to match your cars milage... one time only. Getting a USED speedometer to work in a different car is "do-able" but is a PITA. They did this to keep people from "rolling back" the milage to increase the value of a car. (Changing the milage for resale is fraud.)

You need to know why the Airbag light is on to know if reseting it will "fix" the problem. If it is on due to one of the air bags had been disconnected and reconnected (like the one in the steering wheel) resetting the light will "fix" the problem. If you do not know why the light came on, It isn't a good idea to just reset it. You'll need a VAG-Comm in eather case.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM

Thank you about the airbags.

C'mon guys, I don't want to change the readings, I just want to know how to do that. And i also want to know how to find out if it has been changed.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
3rd Gear

There are some software/hardware package that you can buy from overseas. Do some search and motronic ECU programming, which also relates to eprom read and write. The reason that I am saying do search in ecu is that the odometer information is stored in ECU depending on the model.

BTW, we all know what you are trying to do. No wonder that I don't trust this humanity. >

Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
4th Gear

Take it to a dealer.. Vag-Com wont do it.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:44 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by xewax
Thank you about the airbags.

C'mon guys, I don't want to change the readings, I just want to know how to do that. And i also want to know how to find out if it has been changed.
hxgaser said it all --

Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM

he doesnt want to change it, he just wants to know how to change it

shady people = FAIL

Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
3rd Gear
Cool OH?

I guess I missed that part!

Quick Reply: dashboard indication