Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

downpipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Default downpipes

I have an A6 2.7t andcurrentlyI'mfocusing on the downpipes. I'm looking for some input on modifying the stock ones. Thereis obviously alimited selection of aftermarket ones. From what I understand the piggie pipes are just gutted.

Has anyone modified their stock pipes?

Can I expect codes to be thrown?

BTW- I did search and came up with nothing.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: downpipes

I just posted on this a few threds down.

bottom line for the money vast charges you would be wasting your time to do it your self. you most likley will have a _CEL the vast ones are great and I have had 2 sets so far never a cel.

I tryred to make them my self. I'm a huge cheap a$$ and it was still worth it to have them do it. not only that but the guys at vast are super cool. IMHO it has been more of an advantage to me to have a relationsip with a aftermarket tuner. the bords are great for info but my car wouldn't be as fast or as relyable as it is if I didn't have some help

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

Appreciate the input. The downpipes don't seem like rocket science, but the CEL's are what worry me. I need the precats done, but not the cats and it looks like, vast does the whole deal.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

I deffinitly wouldn't call it rocket science.

but removing the cat is WAY...WAY harder than people think.the cat core is hard as hell and super dence not only do you have to do that twice but you still have to relocate and weld in the o2 bug in the proper location. put the bung in the wrong location and you will get bad gass milage because of improper long term fuel trims to go with your cel.

all in all it is one of thoe things you could do but in the end you still might have issues and I am almost certion are going to say I should have just bought the ones that are already done

I have seen several people in the same spot as you. even me in the end I'm just sharin my experence I found vast was the best way to go