Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drain plugs under the battery recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Default Drain plugs under the battery recall

DId anyone know that there was recall to replace some rubber grommets where the water drains under the battery?

I had noticed that I would get some water dripping under the glove box when either it was raining very hard or going through a car wash.
It was clogged under the battery, I noticed after the last car wash the entire section under the battery cover was filled with water.
The dealer replaced it with no charge but now want me to have them pull all the carpets out on the passenger side to air out the water under the carpet.

Is the transmission computer that sensitive? Will it not dry out on it's own?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by biotechsolutions
DId anyone know that there was recall to replace some rubber grommets where the water drains under the battery?

I had noticed that I would get some water dripping under the glove box when either it was raining very hard or going through a car wash.
It was clogged under the battery, I noticed after the last car wash the entire section under the battery cover was filled with water.
The dealer replaced it with no charge but now want me to have them pull all the carpets out on the passenger side to air out the water under the carpet.

Is the transmission computer that sensitive? Will it not dry out on it's own?
I'm pretty sure that recall was to remove that drain plug completely.....?

Anyways. Yes the car needs to be dried and aired out before driving again... the TCM is very easily permanently damaged by water.

it will dry out on its own. The dealer like mine if offering to expedite the drying process by removing your carpet on that side and putting a fan into.

Also they will most likey inspect control module for corrosion or damage

Old 02-27-2010, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

So, is this just a rubber plug under my battery? I dont have an issue now (kocks on wood) but Im gonna look into this before its too late.