Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric windows failing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Default electric windows failing

I have a 2000 A6 4.2l. Three of the 4 electric window are malfunctioning. The drivers window now is stuck and want move at all. Before this it had a mind of its on, rarely responding to the switch commands. Two of the other windows are acting the same. very slow, some time they reverse couse as I attempt to roll them up. They get half way up and decide they will go down instead. i assume either Audi had a major problem with 2000 electric window mortors or i have a problem in my electrical system that is not directly related to the individual motors. Any ideas?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: electric windows failing

Welcome to the forums!

I have not had the same trouble, but it sounds like the master set of window switches are acting up. Loose plug/corrosion/something like that, In addition, the window guides have a nasty habit of breaking/wearing out, too, so it could be that as well.

Did all of the probems start at once, or did they show up one at a time?

Old 12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: electric windows failing

It is strange that it is happening on all the windows but it Sounds like the windows are sticking in the slides and the auto reverse thinks something is in the way. I don't think it is an electrical problem.

Older Audi's had all kinds of problems with window switches. Ithink I rebuilt all the window switches inmy 200QT once a year after it got old.

In your case you might try spraying a bit of WD40 onto the window tracks to see if that helps, work the windows up and down a few times to spread the lubricant - you can help them by grabbing them with your hands and push or pull depending upon which way your going - but be ready to swear at me cause it will be messy. If that dosen't work you are probably going to have fun taking your doors apart.