Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP Light. Yellow Triangle.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default ESP Light. Yellow Triangle.

2002 A6 3.0 Quattro, 190,000 miles. My turn signal relay had been working intermittently for about a week. Then the car would not start sometimes and crazy dash lights were coming on. So I replaced the hazard switch and ignition switch. ESP Light was not on before repair.
Battery was disconnected and both replaced. I started car and let it warm up for few minutes. When backed out of driveway, turned wheel, ESP light came on and stayed on.
Next day went parking lot turned wheel full left and right, drove straight for few hundred yards, sat there with car running for a minute, light stayed on.
Light does not come on when car is started.
Pushing ESP button light will turn off and on as it is supposed to.
Drive straight up and down down driveway, light does not come on.
Does not come on when brake or hand brake engaged, just when wheel is turned, then will stay on.
Steering wheel is off by a few degrees. Car does not pull either way, but was like that when I bought car a year ago.
Is the wife's car, I had not driven it in a while. Is totally out of alignment. But again, the light was not on before I did the work.
Cruise control is working fine. I will disconnect the battery and see if it just resets.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by Euge82; 06-28-2014 at 08:22 PM.